Recovery Boot Loop Problem

rspilot1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Recovery Boot Loop Problem

Had a problem. Hope someone with experience can give me a few answers.
Nave new t-mobile Note 3, SM-N900T. Stock 4.4.2 KitKat Touchwiz rooted.
Rooted to enable SDFix to use SD card as I want to use it.
Everything great! No problems.
Thought it would be wise to have a Nanoid backup.
Opened Rom Manager and made One change in prefrences. I set it for external SD card storage. (mistake?)
The installation of CWM flashed from 0 to 100% and said it was sussessful.
Went to 'Backup current Rom' in Rom manager, started it and it started to reboot. Shut down and restarted in a 'Recovery' boot loop??
No matter what I did, Tried holding power, up volume and home button, nothing. Boot loop continued. Removed battery, waited, as soon as I re-installed battery it instantly went back into recovery boot loop.
I don't know what I did, I kept removing battery and trying again and again and all of a sudden, it booted up back to KitKat and now everything is working great again. No problem on any standard reboot.
What happened? I have used this same set up on my S3 and never had a problem.
I would like to backup the current setup for any future problems. But now, I'm afraid to even try.
I removed Rom Manager and re-installed. Made sure that the storage location was reset to internal and it should be OK??
What did I do when I got out of the Recovery boot loop??
afraid to try again. Don't want the boot loop again.

Update: Tried again. Same problem. Reboot over and over. No response from holding power button.
It says: Recovery booting
Recovery is not seandroid enforcing
Set warranty bit:recovery
I found out that if I remove battery, wait for several minutes, it 'usually' doesn't restart automatically. Sometimes I have to do it several times.
Then I can hold the volume down, home and power button and boot into Download mode. Then all I have to do is cancel and it boots up normally.
Everything I've read on boot loops always say 'boot into recovery'. I only wish I could. That's the boot loop.
Any idea how what's wrong?

Phylthy Guy

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! I have the same problem and I do not understand your solution! how am I supposed to flash anything to my phone when the phone WON'T go into recovery mode?

Sasesis

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes i am new and was messing around with my old Note 3 thinking i could make it better. It is rooted and had a custom rom on it and i.was gonna upgrade it to Marshmallow woth resurection remix. Downloaded all files copied to sd card; installed CWM and opened it up thinking i was gonna make a backup...ha! Pressed wrong i guess anyway now i am having this same issue. I have Odin on my computer how do I get my phone out of the loop long enough to do anything??? Help and please make it simple...in layman's terms as i am a novice and i apparently don't know what doing!!! Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke