Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TMO Note 3 update to NF4

New update available starting today. Updates DNF1 to DNF4. No details yet except "staibility update." Still 4.4.2. Some may get it OTA - others can use Kies. I'm downloading it through Kies right now. If I see any obvious differences, I'll report back after I use it.

Default Re: TMO Note 3 update to NF4

I got it this am. Haven't noticed anything yet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

They did update the page to say it's another VoLTE improvement update. I wasn't having any problems with VoLTE before so nothing for me to check there. If anyone was, they can see if this fixes it. If you don't live in a VoLTE market then it's up to you whether you want to upgrade. If you had changed your APN settings (like I had), after the update, go into settings and make sure it's what you want it to be.

I didn't know what VoLTE was so I found an older article on PCWorld with more explanation. I am interested to see if it makes a difference in calls once our area has it. T-Mobile rolls out voice over LTE, HD voice in Seattle | PCWorld

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Seems T-Mobile announced VoLTE is available nationwide so everyone should update.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Still have the NF1 but updated (san antonio, texas) an hour ago. See a new kids mode icon, new knox icon. lag when I click on the google, samsung, or t-mobile folders in my app drawer. Calculator icon has a green border instead of the orange one.

Edit: my file was 192.15 mb big.
    Posted via Android Central App

It seems that it has caused my screen to not light up after a boot. I have to send it off to be repaired through our local T-Mobile store. Dammit.
    Photoshop and drums, seven of my favorite things.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGuy View Post
    Seems T-Mobile announced VoLTE is available nationwide so everyone should update.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    When did they announce that? Was it today? Last count was 15 markets.

Edit: Answering my own question. They announced it with their quarterly results. Nationwide coverage with the July 31 update.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
    Still have the NF1 but updated (san antonio, texas) an hour ago. See a new kids mode icon, new knox icon. lag when I click on the google, samsung, or t-mobile folders in my app drawer. Calculator icon has a green border instead of the orange one.

Edit: my file was 192.15 mb big.
    Little confused - you said you updated but still have NF1? So do you mean you have NF1 or NF4? There were no changes to my icons and no lag after the upgrade. I do always do a clear cache from Recovery after an upgrade and then reboot a couple times after giving it time to update everything in the background. One of those times I power off completely and remove the battery for a cold start instead of warm reboot.

It sounds like you missed a couple updates. Kid's mode is from back in May.

According to the article that android central put out, it's comments section had a few posters saying the same things so I assumed that this was the most current update.

My build is still a 1 and not a 4. I also have the "location" button that seemed to replace the "gps" button.. and the download booster option. We're these things with the new update or the one you said came out in may. I really don't look for updates unless I read I read about it like today.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

According to the article that android central put out, it's comments section had a few posters saying the same things so I assumed that this was the most current update.

My build is still a 1 and not a 4. I also have the "location" button that seemed to replace the "gps" button.. and the download booster option. We're these things with the new update or the one you said came out in may. I really don't look for updates unless I read I read about it like today.

Those were from the May update and then NF1 came out in June.

Then I need some explaining because I just called my voice mail and as I swiped on it left to right, it said voLTE call?

I am still reading nf1

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Then I need some explaining because I just called my voice mail and as I swiped on it left to right, it said voLTE call?

what do you need explained?

If I have voLTE calling, why won't my NF1 change to NF4? Or were you saying that the update that came out in may was the voLTE update and what is now coming out something new?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

If I have voLTE calling, why won't my NF1 change to NF4? Or were you saying that the update that came out in may was the voLTE update and what is now coming out something new?

VoLTE, as well as all the other features, was enabled in the May update. You have the June update which fixed some VoLTE issues, mainly audio related. The NF4 further fixes some issues some people were having with VoLTE. Now that you have NF1, NF4 should become available to you soon. I would try hooking up to Kies once a day to see if it is available.
    Thanked by:
    jacker 

Great. Thank you for clearing that up.