Brand new galaxy note 3 battery draining issue

Villainz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
It's been a few days since i had my galaxy note 3, everything seems to be okay, but the battery. I wasn't too impressed with the note 3's battery when i was hearing so much greater things about it online in reviews. One of the things i did was update my phone from 4.3 to 4.4.2 since thats the first thing it was shown when i used the phone. I don't know if that might be the reason why, since im hearing a lot of fuss about the update killing their note 3 battery life. I had no idea there was all this controversy about the update, i would of not done it if i knew.

or maybe its a defective battery. What are some tests or things i can do to confirm if its defective or its the update, or if its draining normally?

Villainz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
also since its within the 14 days of return policy, do you guys recommend just returning it and asking for new one and not updating it?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
The update definitely lowered the battery. I definitely remember it happening when I updated my Note months ago. I'm rooted using a rom called Effortless with Lean kernel and I'm able to get a little over 5 hours screen on time. So battery is back to normal for me. If you're not rooted, I would suggest clearing cache and if that doesn't help maybe a factory reset.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes