GPS killing my battery after Lollipop update. Help!

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Since the update to Lollipop I noticed that my battery dies super quickly. I noticed that my GPS would be searching for my location, so I turned off the GPS and the battery drain stopped. Has anyone experienced this since the update? If not, any thoughts on how I can fix this? What can be causing the GPS to continuously be looking for a location? Thanks.

mcnaper

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my tmobile Note 3. The battery problem stopped as soon as I disabled my location service.
Factory reset and wipe cache partition did not help.

My location setting showing I have the following process running:

Google Play Services:
battery usage: low

T-Mobile My Account:
battery usage: log

Unified Daemon (EUR)
battery usage: high

com.sec.imservice:
battery usage: low/
~

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So did that and noticed as the other person posted above that the "Unified Daemon" was listed as high. So I clicked on "Force Stop" and it stopped looking for GPS and the battery drain stopped as well. Any thoughts on what would happen if I actually disable that function, which it has an option to do? I had read that it was primarily for widgets like the weather one, but I don't use those, so would be okay to disable without hurting other items?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've always had Unified Daemon disabled with no problem. It polls for your location constantly for the weather app even if you have the weather disabled. Of course if you want to use the stock weather app, then it could cause you a problem. I don't know if it has an option to use a set location since I disable that app too. I have no battery drain on lollipop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol