No T-Mobile hotfix for lollipop battery drain issue?

magusat999

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I recently spoke to T-Mobile support regarding the battery drain issue that arrived with Lollipop. I wanted to know when my phone would be getting the hotfix that I have heard other phones / carriers have already rolled out. They basically told me they don't even have it on their radar. Even the Note 4, which just came out a few months ago, doesn't have the fix (at least from T-Mobile they don't).

Before Lollipop, I could put my phone down for pretty much two days and as long as I wasn't using it it would stay charged. Now I put it down and it discharges in a few hours. I don't want to keep my phone on a charger constantly, but I do not want to have it discharge! I have missed some important calls since this happened and now I cannot rely on this phone to keep me communicating since I can look at it and suddenly its out of juice. My wife has the same phone and its exactly the same thing - Lollipop has placed a drain on the battery.

I'm very disappointed and angry at T-Mobile, they didn't seem to have a care in the world about it - will they give me a newer model phone since this one is a lemon they do not plan to fix??? Grrr!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What steps have you taken to fix it your self? hard reset it?
I have a note 3 and my device is way better on lollipop then it was on KitKat. It took me hard resetting it to get to that point.
Not sure how you can call it a lemon if you have taken no steps to fix it. You said it works fine prior to the update so in order for it to be a lemon you would have to have had problems prior to the update.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
The factory reset is key. I run Clean Master, particularly the phone boost feature about every 6 hours and that seems to help in my case. This largely stops apps that are currently doing background things--the old app killer from earlier versions of Android. Lollipop seems to need the help.

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Android does things differently. But Clean Master does Android right. You really should try it. It's not the right answer for every user but it's worked well for me. It's a widely recommended app even on Android centric sites.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
OP, they can't fix what's not broken. There is no lollipop battery drain issue on the TMO Note 3. If you've tried everything else (which you didn't mention trying anything actually), then you should factory reset. This was a major update and a factory reset is always recommended in such cases. Lollipop on the TMO Note 3 functions wonderfully and most are quite happy with it. You can be too if you take the proper steps.

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
With update I could no longer use my camera; they replaced the phone. Idk if it was manufacturer warranty or my jump plan, but I got the new phone free. Call and complain tell them it's depleting battery, running hot, and freezing up since update and you want a warranty replacement. My new phone came factory with lollipop, which I still don't like compared to my kitkat phone, but it works fine now.

Posted via the Android Central App

drenfree

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Honestly the only way I was able to resolve the same issue was to backup my note 3 in kies then do a factory reset and restore from my backups. I know its a pain but that was the only thing that worked. A good app to install is drippler. It will show FAQs for troubleshooting smartphones based on make and model

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood