lollipop update is a bust.

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't like several things about the update.

1 used to the left menu home button brought up the option for settings, now it brings up widgets, home screen settings , and wallpaper. I find this menu option to be basically useless and annoying and I don't like that now I have to hunt for the settings in apps or clog up my home screen with a short cut.

2 I don't like that now my messages do not show up and the task bar at the top with a preview even though the settings clearly state an option for preview.

3 maybe the most annoying feature change of all is now the Action memo is not its own widget and must be combined with the entire s note widget when all I really want is my action memo back.

4 when lollipop first updated into my phone I could no longer use my camera and I had to make claim on my warranty and even though I was given a new phone it's still very annoying.

5 I do not like the animation of the drop down menu from the taskbar.

6 we'll see what happens now that I have a new phone that came with lollipop installed and not as an update but my other phone lollipop drain the hell out of my battery.

7 I do not like the color scheme

So far I have yet to see one advantage to this crap tastic update

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
And wtf now messages do not chime if the conversation is open... Ok ok... that sounds like a good idea, but if the screen is locked and you didn't close the convo the you miss the msg. Another bust.

So I got my new phone, free via warranty since the update killed my camera, and the new phone camera works fine. Anyway... several occasions I'm having Internet connection Maintenance issues via wifi... not my home because all other devices are fine and it's happening on other access points. Have to turn wifi on n off or restart phone to end issue.

What else.... I absolutely hate that the settings option is not on the menu button now. Completely idiotic... but there's a menu just for home screen settings that literally has 2 options. Hello... you can fit that elsewhere. Bloat much? Wallpapers, Widgets, and home screen settings SMH.

What do I like about the update? Nothing notable yet. ...the things that are unchanged from Kitkat I suppose.

On my new phone that came factory with lollipop installed I am getting ok use from my battery compared to the phone that had the update installed... although not the performance I was used to when on kitkat and it's running more RAM now than ever before even when I clear all apps, it does not reduce usage nearly as much as when on Kitkat.

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh now I do have action memo pops up automatically when I pull out the s pen... I don't know if that was an option on kitkat, but I do like that. Still mad that action memo no longer has its own widget, as that was a staple app for me.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Settings is easily chosen by simply swiping down the notification bar and tapping the gear icon.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I do wish we had more control over color scheme, but noticed that the notification bar does change color depending upon the app open on screen, which creates continuity and does not bother me as much as I thought.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC