Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile is officially getting the Galaxy S4 on May 1 for $99 Down Payment

This is interesting!

Galaxy S4 hits T-Mobile on May 1 for $99 | Android Central

Don't let this get lost in the shuffle this morning, folks. T-Mobile has become the first U.S. operator to give a date to its Galaxy S4. You'll be able to pick up Samsung's latest and greatest May 1 for a $99 "down payment."

The "down payment" thing is new, though it's not all that different from the usual "on contract" qualifier we usually use. You pay a little up front, and you end up paying off the phone over a number of months. It's all part of T-Mobile's new "Simple Choice" plans unveiled this morning in New York City.

The important thing here is that we finally have a hard and firm date on what's sure to be one of the hottest phones of the year. May 1. Mark it, dude.

Default Re: T-Mobile is officially getting the Galaxy S4 on May 1 for $99 Down Payment

Hopefully Verizon won't be more than a month behind this. My upgrade is already available and I want this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: T-Mobile is officially getting the Galaxy S4 on May 1 for $99 Down Payment

It's not officially May 1st. They said it will arrive "about May 1st."

So i am guessing the other carriers are going to release the phone around the same date.
    How do we know we are not brains in a V.A T.S ?
    Thanked by:
    j510 

Come on AT & T

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Thanked by 2:
    j510satannik 

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

$99 is cheap. Can't wait for for Rogers' announcement on it.

$99 is a deposit I believe not the cost
    geekymcfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bboy2143 View Post
    $99 is cheap. Can't wait for for Rogers' announcement on it.
    It's not just $99. That's the upfront cost. You also have to pay $20 per month to cover the cost of the phone in addition to monthly service.

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BarackOdrama View Post
    It's not just $99. That's the upfront cost. You also have to pay $20 per month to cover the cost of the phone in addition to monthly service.
    Ohhh I see. I was confused oops

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly what TMO is hoping for... confusion = profits/more money for TMO!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    sqa4life likes this.

Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So you're really paying 579 for the device. 20 bones a month for 24 months, plus the 99 down payment.

Bend over and grab your ankles.
    jusmebabe likes this.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    So you're really paying 579 for the device. 20 bones a month for 24 months, plus the 99 down payment.

No tax on that purchase?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    That is exactly what TMO is hoping for... confusion = profits/more money for TMO!!!
    I live in Canada

I live in Canada
    And what does that have to do with TMO???
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper

Leave that young lady in the avatar alone and study your math! Lol!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

In europe, they are paying $950. That's a big difference

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

And what does that have to do with TMO???
    Nothing. Your comment made it seem like the carriers in the US are trying to trick you.

Nothing. Your comment made it seem like the carriers in the US are trying to trick you.
    In many ways TMO is with this new offering, or at least a new twist... without directly telling new customers that they will be paying an extra $20 per month, per phone on top of their "great offer."

I had been a very long time customer of TMO, until I had finally had enough... so I guess if you comment meant to say I don't know TMO, that was also wrong. Not all carriers are currently trying such tricks.
    Flames Wallpaper

Its the same thing with other carriers they just don't say it. You get a phone for 199$ ON contract which, once signed, guarantees them the rest of the cost of the phone and more in profit because of the cost of services they offer. At least T-Mobile tells you and its not a two year commitment with a company that turns out to be crap. I personally like the new approach T-Mobile is taking and if you really think the GS4 sells for $99 retail your an *****, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Its the same thing with other carriers they just don't say it. You get a phone for 199$ ON contract which, once signed, guarantees them the rest of the cost of the phone and more in profit because of the cost of services they offer. At least T-Mobile tells you and its not a two year commitment with a company that turns out to be crap. I personally like the new approach T-Mobile is taking and if you really think the GS4 sells for $99 retail your an *****, sorry.

True enough... but I don't think anyone has asked if you buy the GS4 for $99, AND are NOT on a contract, but decide to leave after say 6 months... do you really think there is no early termination in some form??? I'm absolutely sure you are going to have to pay the remaining balance on what you owe for the phone... think about it.
    Flames Wallpaper

What'd you think they were gonna do? Give people $600 phones for $100 and hope for the best? What do you think other carriers do when they offer 649.99$ phones for 199.99$ on contract? They get what they lose back through that lovely 24 month contract.

Is this news to people? Buy the phone outright and just pay for the service if you want to save money every month. On contract or financing a phone through T-Mobile is the same thing, getting f*cked every month with high cost service.

True enough... but I don't think anyone has asked if you buy the GS4 for $99, AND are NOT on a contract, but decide to leave after say 6 months... do you really think there is no early termination in some form??? I'm absolutely sure you are going to have to pay the remaining balance on what you owe for the phone... think about it.
    Return the device or get billed for the remaining balance. T-Mobile has done this before, its nothing new to them.

Return the device or get billed for the remaining balance. T-Mobile has done this before, its nothing new to them.

And I would hope people Dont think, because its not on contract, that they get to phone and no bill for the remaining balance if they decide to stop service. The phone can still be turned off from T-Mobile service, its a T-Mobile phone after all.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

I'm thinking of giving tmo a shot, want to wait till they start using metros network after the merge is final. Their 4.5 gb plan would be 70 bucks, assuming they'll give no discounts, that is about what I pay on sprint, less my insurance. Just not sure it's a great deal when you add 20+10+taxes for phone payment and insurance. ...looking at about $110 a month total....sprint I pay $81 a month, with insurance and 20% discount....if tmo has a 20% discount possible for these new uncarrier plans.....an s4 on tmo could be in my future. Kinda iffy on their network here, really don't want to switch from one crappy network to another and not looking to pay as much or more on vz or att to get less.

I want an s4 but is this all worth it? Idk

Global Posts
    4,337 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What'd you think they were gonna do? Give people $600 phones for $100 and hope for the best? What do you think other carriers do when they offer 649.99$ phones for 199.99$ on contract? They get what they lose back through that lovely 24 month contract.

Is this news to people? Buy the phone outright and just pay for the service if you want to save money every month. On contract or financing a phone through T-Mobile is the same thing, getting f*cked every month with high cost service.

Who said anything about getting a 600 plus buck phone for 100? Your still paying 579 (plus tax) for the device, plus the monthly plan cost for 24 months. At least with AT&T and Verizon, you get the device for 199 (plus tax), then the monthly plan for 24 months. Pretty easy math to me. Paying that much with T-MO, you might as well suck it up and pay full retail and not be locked into a contract.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast