1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Galaxy S4 : Battery drained over 20% in less than 40 minutes??!!!

Hi,

Just recieved my t-mobile samsung galaxy s4 yesterday. I charged it fully, and I disable all of the smart features, gps, wifi, sync, blue tooth etc. I pretty much disabled everything except screen rotation and sound. I also restricted cellular to wcdma only, and I turned off auto brightness and put the brightness on the lowest setting. Then I killed all of the apps and I did some light web browsing, and in 38 minutes the battery went from 100% to 78%. The phone is also running very hot near the top. Do you think the phone is defective?

Thanks.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 : Battery drained over 20% in less than 40 minutes??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monk3007 View Post
    Hi,

Just recieved my t-mobile samsung galaxy s4 yesterday. I charged it fully, and I disable all of the smart features, gps, wifi, sync, blue tooth etc. I pretty much disabled everything except screen rotation and sound. I also restricted cellular to wcdma only, and I turned off auto brightness and put the brightness on the lowest setting. Then I killed all of the apps and I did some light web browsing, and in 38 minutes the battery went from 100% to 78%. The phone is also running very hot near the top. Do you think the phone is defective?

Thanks.
    Hi and welcome to forums.. I get about 20 hours with all my features on and screen bright. And my phone only gets hot while charging. I would see if it changes and if it does not bring it back and see what they say.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

The main factor is screen use. I've found an hour of moderate usage can burn 20 percent battery.

Go download gsam battery monitor. It will give you an idea of where your power is going.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

I just manually updated play store to version 4.1.10. My three day old S4 was on version 4.1.6 which supposedly has battery drain issues.