Remove MP3 Album art from Gallery

Milehigh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How do I remove mp3 album art from the gallery... I don't mind having the art when an MP3 is playing, but the dozen's of album titles each with their own folder really junks up the gallery opening view. Any advice on cleaning up, or removing them from gallery view?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I use QuickPic and just delete them if they show up which usually only happens when I flash a new ROM. Have you tried a long press to see if you can hide it from gallery view?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, use a DIFFERENT tagging program. Album art files were stored in each folder mostly for Window's sake, and it went into the folder to look for the image file in the containing folder to show the album art; since these are image files, your phone shows them up in the Gallery automatically. However, MP3 has evolved since then, and now album art is usually embedded within the file itself, avoiding this issue since no actual image file is present.

So, you have two options:

1) Re-tag your songs and make sure the 'embed album art in file' option is selected (I think it's a V2 or V3 tag option).
2) Find the folders for your music and choose to hide them from the Gallery.

BONUS: Maybe your songs are already tagged with the modern format and the image files are just a legacy thing. Try erasing the image from one folder and then playing a song from that album (oh, and reboot before playing just to be safe). If the Album Art is displayed correctly, I'd say you're safe deleting all the album art pictures as these are already within your MP3 files. If not, go to option one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670