I don't have a mobile data plan. We're waiting for my parents' contract to be up until we get a family plan. Anyways, mobile data keeps turning itself on for some reason and then AT&T keeps charging us $40 each month. And it's really annoying, as we're not rich (we got this phone off a family friend). Is there a way I could disable/keep it from being turned on any under circumstance unless I (the user) turn it on myself?
    09-12-2013 08:48 PM
    I don't have a mobile data plan. We're waiting for my parents' contract to be up until we get a family plan. Anyways, mobile data keeps turning itself on for some reason and then AT&T keeps charging us $40 each month. And it's really annoying, as we're not rich (we got this phone off a family friend). Is there a way I could disable/keep it from being turned on any under circumstance unless I (the user) turn it on myself?
    Welcome to the forums!
    Try turning Airplane Mode on. That should kill all power to the radios. And unless AT&T didn't do anything stupid to the ROM, it should stay that way.
    09-12-2013 09:24 PM
    Thank you!
    But that also disables all things cell-related. I use this phone on a plan, just not one with mobile data. So I need to just disable mobile data. Thanks for trying to help though.
    09-13-2013 12:26 AM
    Just go into settings and turns mobile data off.

Or you can call AT&T and ask them to put a data block on your line.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-13-2013 05:51 AM
    Yes, but the problem is, it turns itself on. We tried calling AT&T and they said that its what the phone is supposed to do and they can't disable it. When asked if we could, they said "I don't know."
    09-13-2013 05:10 PM
    Go to settings > connections > mobile data and deselect the mobile data check box. Next, go to settings > more connections > mobile networks and deselect mobile data and data roaming. That should do it.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-24-2013 05:35 PM
    I have yet to purchase a GS4 (waiting for VZW contract end to switch to T-Mobile), but I use a Widget on my Droid Bionic (and all other Androids) to enable/disable the Mobile Data:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.dataonoff

It's always worked well for me.
    10-03-2013 11:23 PM
    i have the same problem with galaxy S4, i have wifi connection at home and work but the automatically turning on of the data roaming is costing me, i have turned it off several time but it keeps coming on after a while, i should be able to do it manually but this thing keeps coming automatically
    12-14-2014 03:03 PM
    try this one.
    go to settings, more networks, mobile network settings and deliberately edit the APN (access point name).
    ex. choose a different authentication type and APN type.
    save it and check by going to the browser if you can still connect to the internet.
    01-29-2015 09:12 PM
    I know that my answer is late, but I came across the same problem and I have solved it by:
    going to settings > more connections > mobile networks > network mode
    and there selecting the modes that don't have "(automatic connection)": "3G only" or "2G only".
    Hope this helps other people that are in the same situation.
    06-19-2015 01:15 AM