1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group Messaging/Threading

I have seen so many threads about group messaging with the S4, but none seem to answer my problem.

I sent out a message to multiple people. They have Iphones. On their devices it appeared to them that it was just a conversation between me and them (individually) and when they replied, it created a new conversation with just me and one other person.
    So far the only thing that I saw that made sense to me was to check to make sure the group messaging box was checked in settings, and it was.

Any hints for how to troubleshoot this/resolve it without resorting to a third-party app?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: Group Messaging/Threading

As far as I know, group messaging means sending a message to the entire members of that group at the same time, but it doesn't mean you can actually create a conversation group.

for having a conversation between the members of a group, you can use Viber or Whatsapp

My S4 (stock messaging app) works as a threaded conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamidd View Post
    As far as I know, group messaging means sending a message to the entire members of that group at the same time, but it doesn't mean you can actually create a conversation group.
    You can, it just needs to handle group messaging as an MMS to play nice with iPhone, etc.
    Not sure if the stock app does this - I know Textra SMS does.