when does t mobile gs4 get the 4.3 update?

adriank403

May 24, 2013
Visit site
At this point, I'd rather they skip 4.3 and just go right to kitkat.
Considering they're just releasing 4.3 to the 9505 international versions we're probably going to get 4.3 in the next 6 weeks from T-mobile, and 4.4 sometime in 2014. I would love 4.4 right away but Samsung is probably still working on 4.3 for s3 and Note2.

Sabajeff

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Considering they're just releasing 4.3 to the 9505 international versions we're probably going to get 4.3 in the next 6 weeks from T-mobile, and 4.4 sometime in 2014. I would love 4.4 right away but Samsung is probably still working on 4.3 for s3 and Note2.
I'm getting the smartwatch for my birthday in mid-November so I hope the update comes out before then. I've seen ways to 'make' the S4 work with the watch, but I'm not techie enough for that...........

Last edited:

MrFister1975

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So if TM is just NOW releasing 4.3, when will we be seeing KitKat? I also would rather just skip to KitKat at this point, unless of course we need 4.3 to truly update to KitKat.

F??

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So if TM is just NOW releasing 4.3, when will we be seeing KitKat? I also would rather just skip to KitKat at this point, unless of course we need 4.3 to truly update to KitKat.

F??

Samsung is pushing carriers to update to 4.3 for Galaxy Gear support. It's not like 4.3 contains a lot over 4.2.2, but seeing as T-Mobile hasn't released a single update for the S4 since it started shipping I'd rather get all the fixes that are in the pipeline now than continuing to wait. There are a lot of lag issues that have been resolved on other carriers for a while that still plague the T-Mobile S4.

Yeah, KitKat would be nice. By the time Samsung gets a KitKat update ready I'm sure 4.5 or 5.0 will be ready that will be even more desirable.

davenycept

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
It was supposed to be out yesterday..In fact they just posted the s3 for T-Mobile has the 4.3 available as of today

Posted via Android Central App

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It was supposed to be out yesterday..In fact they just posted the s3 for T-Mobile has the 4.3 available as of today

I think that is may have gotten pushed back. There seems to be issues with the S4 update on other carriers; so maybe they are waiting to release it when they know it is stable?

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The SIII has the update because it is older, and has been tested successfully. The S4 had a different software to begin with, and there were more issues with the International S4, than hear in the US. So far, as it's known, Samsung is the one who pulled back the updates. Each carrier, and phone is different.

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Things I've noticed but have not seen mentioned:

1) "reading mode" in the notification bar;
2) Calendar changed, you have to go to settings within the calendar to change the displayed accounts;
3) app2sd (awesome);
4) "active apps" widget has changed;
5) "camera firmware" updated;
6) Application manager has a "turn off" button and it's own category. This seems to have replaced the "disable";
7) A non-permanent "date stamp" on photo's after you have taken them;
8) Security (w/knox not installed)under "settings" then "more"- security the new menu options are under "security update service".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan