1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Foxfi on a T-mobile S4

Just got an S4 on T-Mobile, and I'm coming from Nexus 4. First problem so far is that foxfi isnt working on this device now. Keeps taking me to a T-Mobile website. Anyone experience this or know of a work around?

Default Re: Foxfi on a T-mobile S4

I don't use foxifi but I will guess it is the same no matter what app you use, its just the data you are using it with.
    So here goes. (Now I might be wrong on the terms there, but its kind of the same I guess)

If you tether your phone data to your computer, your provider (t-mobile in this case) will know about it based on the packets your browser sends. You can bypass it kind of by installing an extension (on Chrome or FireFox) called User-Agent Switcher. What it does it "makes" your browser appear to be android or iphone based, or any other client out there.
    The downside with this is that pages that have a mobile page version to them, will start to appear in their mobile format. Most of them have the "full desktop" or Full website" feature on the bottom of the page usually.

T-mobile allow you to tether 500MB after that you get the message you need to upgrade your plan. So change the browser settings.

I am not sure about using it for other stuff. like gaming etc. Although, thanks to the fact that I now own the nexus 5, I get to enjoy a speeds faster then my home internet.

So enjoy.
    Let me know if it worked for ya

Works great with me use it every day and night

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fitton View Post
    Works great with me use it every day and night

Posted via Android Central App
    Whats crazy about that is my wife had this phone and it worked great for her before she moved to her G2. I did a factory reset and try using it the same day and no beuno!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

There is app on the phone called TetheringProvision. You would have to root your phone and disable this app for it to work for free. On the truly unlimited plan you actually get 2.5 gigs of included hotspotting/ tethering. You just have to call TMo at 611 and have them change it over .