- 1 Posts
Bottom half of screen unresponsive to touch.
I don't know what caused this to happen but today when I tried using my phone the bottom half of the screen doesn't register touch. There are no cracks or tearing on the screen, everything seems to be functioning like normal except the touch response. I can navigate the phone using the top most part of the screen, the audio is fine, visuals are fine and the phone is detected by Kies. What can I do?
Last edited by sleepyyyj; 12-24-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spacing
- 12-24-2013, 06:11 PM #2
- 207 Posts
Re: Bottom half of screen unresponsive to touch.
This happened to me on my last phone. Sorry, but I don,t think anything can be done short of sending it to a repair shop, or changing it.
Symptom: Top ¼ inch of screen no longer responded to touch 9 times out of 10.
Apparent damage: None.
Suspected: perhaps a drop of rain got into phone though ear port while using phone in rainy weather.
Solution: Bit the bullet, got new phone.
Good luck."All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
- The Ascent of man.
- By AndroidDario in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 26Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:05 AM
- By Hunan in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 14Last Post: 02-08-2014, 09:45 AM
- By BBTree in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 12-31-2013, 11:59 PM
- By rjack22 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2013, 01:08 PM
- By Justin Emerich in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2013, 05:56 PM