Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Galaxy S4: I want to turn my VZW into a T-Mobile..

So far -

-rooted/rooted
    -Boots NO VZW ANIMATION - ONLY SOUND
    -T-Mobile Displayed on Lock Screen & Main Menu drop down.
    -APN fast.t-mobile.com;Server wap.voicestream.com;MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc;MMS Port 8080;APN Protocal IPv4
    -Deleted Setup Vs 1.0 to remove the Invalid Verizon SIM

Of course im SafeStrapped,. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same?>

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: I want to turn my VZW into a Tmobile..

Quote Originally Posted by BBTree View Post
    So far -

-rooted/rooted
    -Boots NO VZW ANIMATION - ONLY SOUND
    -T-Mobile Displayed on Lock Screen & Main Menu drop down.
    -APN fast.t-mobile.com;Server wap.voicestream.com;MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc;MMS Port 8080;APN Protocal IPv4
    -Deleted Setup Vs 1.0 to remove the Invalid Verizon SIM

Of course im SafeStrapped,. Just wondering if anyone here has done the same?>
    I read somewhere that the Galaxy S4 had some options to enable GSM and WCDMA bands, although I may be wrong. Have you checked for that?
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Sorry because I don't know about it, I'm posting to subscribe to this thread since I have the Sprint version and am interested in finding out myself.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

It would make sense since the processor has multi band support. I'm sure it's possible.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Well I also did all this
    Quote Originally Posted by BBTree View Post
    I want to make a one post - root to clone - guide for turning the Verizon into a T-Mobile or ATT phone. I notice a bunch of posts with different methods and I just wanted to share what I have done and get insight on how I can improve my clone.

Root Device - I found a one click program that did it and this site but it has so many ads I am going to paste it
    This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if theres any unrooting procedure available.

1. Make sure youve appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you dont, get the latest drivers from here.
    2. You must have a microSD card formatted as exFAT, insert it in your device.
    3. Download Root Package (Download Link )
    5. Download Terminal Emulator QR Code (Google Play Link)
    6. Extract the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
    7. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
    8. Copy all the files you extracted from the Root Package archive over to the root of your microSD card.
    9. Once all the files have been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
    10. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device.
    11. Once the apps been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
    12. Type in following commands into the app. These commands are case-sensitive.

cd /mnt/extSdCard
    ./pwn
    ./script.sh
    Here you will see your $ turns into # - You have root.

13. Close the Terminal Emulator app.
    14. Launch the SuperSU app and let it update binary files.

Titanium Back-up - Everyone Should have this anyway. (Download link to come)

Cutting your SIM to fit - Guide or pictures to follow

Add your APN Follow The Steps >

1-Open the Settings
    2-Select Wireless & Networks
    3-Select Mobile Networks
    4-Select Access Point Names.
    5-Tap the three dots at the bottom right and select New APN

Enter The Following information

Name T-Mobile US
    APN fast.t-mobile.com
    Server wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50
    MCC 310
    MNC 260
    Authentication type not set
    APN Type default
    APN protocol IPv4
    Bearer Unspecified.

If that does not work, or you want to truly unlock your phone to all GSM SIMS

Enter Phone Menu..

*#27663368378#
    [1]UMTS
    [2]DEBUG
    [6]PHONE CONTROL
    [6]NETWORK LOCK
    [3]PERSOSHA256 OFF
    MENU > BACK 3 TIMES.. [UMTS MAIN MENU]
    [6]COMMON
    [6]NV REBUILD

If it says GOLDEN-BACKUP exists..

[4]RESTORE BACK-UP

REBOOT

UNLOCKED.

Getting Rid of the Non-Verizon Sim Card - THE MOST DREDDED thing for me. lol. I Used Titanium Back-Up and deleted "Setup Wizard". The second one. Not the one with the Android but the other icon. [pic to come if anyone has a screen shot to add or wait for me].

Getting Rid of the Verizon Boot Animation - Xblast Tools did that for me.

Titanium Tools - Make back ups.. Delete all the VZW crap you don't want or need.

PS I left it as Global not GSM or LTE.

I do get the little H for the Network sign.. that's T-mobiles 4g right? I wouldn't mind if I had an actual T-Mobile Rom.. that would be nice.. Or to truly unlock it so you don't need a program to make "non Verizon SIM" go away.

This is all I can do to make it the most non-Verizon S4 possible. Thanks and I am going to work on other guides and perhaps sink them as sub threads and then repost this as a Guide with links.
    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    It would make sense since the processor has multi band support. I'm sure it's possible.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    What I want to figure out is how to enable in my service menu.. Option 4.. Sim Control.. I was thinking maybe I had to flash a new ROM.

Ps thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I read somewhere that the Galaxy S4 had some options to enable GSM and WCDMA bands, although I may be wrong. Have you checked for that?
    Your right in the service menu. *#0011# sprint. Hit menu then back. Menu select 2. Then 1. Then go to page 3/4. Select 8 then chose gsm_wcdma.

I would change the release from 99 to 5 and also change the data one from 99 to release 8 hspa+ in service menu.

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Heilner View Post
    Your right in the service menu. *#0011# sprint. Hit menu then back. Menu select 2. Then 1. Then go to page 3/4. Select 8 then chose gsm_wcdma.

I would change the release from 99 to 5 and also change the data one from 99 to release 8 hspa+ in service menu.
    Is that to unlock it for service here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile?

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Is that to unlock it for service here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile?

Im using a sprint s4 with tmobile sim on straight talk. Even with it unlocked without changing the release it wont be vary stabile on gsm/wcdma. Once changed it opens up a lot of gsm options. I did the unlock method above but one step is missing under phone control click 3 nas control then 8 bip block set to 1 then do nv back up and phone will be unlocked.

Edit: sorry left out how to change the release. ##0011# umts debug phone control network control the pick 1 GCF then pick 1. Reboot now all gsm features will be under mobile network. Do note that after putting the phone in full gsm it doesnt always switch back to cdma with out undoing these steps in a order. Also hfa should work with other sims now also.

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Im using a sprint s4 with tmobile sim on straight talk. Even with it unlocked without changing the release it wont be vary stabile on gsm/wcdma. Once changed it opens up a lot of gsm options. I did the unlock method above but one step is missing under phone control click 3 nas control then 8 bip block set to 1 then do nv back up and phone will be unlocked.

Edit: sorry left out how to change the release. ##0011# umts debug phone control network control the pick 1 GCF then pick 1. Reboot now all gsm features will be under mobile network. Do note that after putting the phone in full gsm it doesnt always switch back to cdma with out undoing these steps in a order. Also hfa should work with other sims now also.
    So your phone is with Sprint and you don't need to get it unlocked to work with AT&T or TMo?

I'm asking because with the Photon I could use it in Mxico no problem, but it was locked and could not be used here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile.

So your phone is with Sprint and you don't need to get it unlocked to work with AT&T or TMo?

I'm asking because with the Photon I could use it in Mxico no problem, but it was locked and could not be used here in the states with AT&T or T-Mobile.

He can't unless he did it through a 3rd party. Sprint will only unlock for international travel only. Domestic won't work.

It was one of the reasons I left them.. Saying they won't unlock my full price bought phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    He can't unless he did it through a 3rd party. Sprint will only unlock for international travel only. Domestic won't work.

It was one of the reasons I left them.. Saying they won't unlock my full price bought phone.

Nope did it with uicc unlock I'll make a youtube video and post a link. In next comment

Im uploading video now 22 min. I didnt add how to input apn in the video. Will add if anyone needs it. But there is ni sound in the video.

Either way.. A 3rd party or yourself. I was basically saying you didn't call Sprint and have it done.

See the video Then tell me sprint didnt unlock my phone. Here is the link. Http://youtu.be/tNoobYsYL8o

But I will add sprint did tell me that it would not work on any network other then theres in the us. But they dont know sit about anything.
    Also I used tmo and straigt talk all worked and did my friends note 3 with verizon on tmo so I know it works with rhem unlocking it with these steps

The video is up now

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

The video is up now

Link please, the other link doesn't work.

I have 2 vids up. Sorry they are my first videos. If you need help with anything I can try and help send me an email. Eheilner91gmail
    There is a link in the video check that out to for how to edit apn

STARGATE likes this.

Link please, the other link doesn't work.

I have 2 videos up. Sorry they are my first videos no stand. If you need help with anything I can try and help send me an email. There is a link in the video check that out to for how to edit apn. Im going to post a nicer more well put together videio with out the little mess ups. And more details.

Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.

Either way.. A 3rd party or yourself. I was basically saying you didn't call Sprint and have it done.

UICC unlock is done by sprint international. Sprint phones almost have to be unlocked by them as they do not prompt for code when another sim is in.
    Also I have done the unlock this way aswell. Other samsung devises. I called sprint around turkey day said I needed to go to canada see family not even within 24 hours had it unlocked and my phone at this time was 60 days old if that.

Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Galaxy S4: I want to turn my VZW into a T-Mobile..

Are you able to use the phone with Sprint and then with att at will?
    Did you have to get it unlock from sprint first?

Are you able to use the phone with Sprint and then with att at will?
    Did you have to get it unlock from sprint first?

Yes UICC unlock is done by sprint via ota. Sprint phones or atleast the s4 doesnt have a way to input an unlock code. So there is no real unlock code. Dont buy one. Either call sprint say you need to leave to canda for a family issue and will be there for maybe a month they will have your phone unlocked with in 48hours say you leave by friday or 3 or 4day heads up if they cant they will put in a ticket and it will get done. The only real limitations are you cant owe them money. Or do a golden back up. But with sprint phones unlock yourself is tricky everyone is leaving out a step.

STARGATE likes this.

Maybe for the S4 it was different Erin.

I had the HTC One bought full price for Sprint. If you popped in any SIM it'd let you know it's locked... And calling the international team to unlock it still kept it lock for domestic.

For me it was a last straw and I returned the phone and left Sprint. I probably could of done more to get it done but wanted a new network since my 3g was not very great.

Maybe for the S4 it was different Erin.

I had the HTC One bought full price for Sprint. If you popped in any SIM it'd let you know it's locked... And calling the international team to unlock it still kept it lock for domestic.

For me it was a last straw and I returned the phone and left Sprint. I probably could of done more to get it done but wanted a new network since my 3g was not very great.

Yeah sprints 3g is way outdated. But as for unlocking if the phone has a sim slot and was unlocked. Regardless of what sprint is telling you it can be put on att tmob. There phones are set on release 99 for sim data witch only let's late and international sims. Witch only works on sprint 4g/lte. But if you change the release for 99 to a hspa or hspap then everything just falls together and works great. Don't even need to change the release back to 99 after changed. Sprint either doesn't know or don't want us to know the why/how it "doesn't work domestic".
    Switches from CDMA to gsm and back no problems.
    Note : I bought my s4 full price 850 and sprint still wouldn't unlock it till I came up with a good story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast