Default Browser Selection Issue on Galaxy S4

mkmck

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Every time I click on a link, my S4 asks whether to use "internet" or "Chrome" to open the website . I click Chrome, select "always", yet every time I click another link, it offers the same options. How do I get the phone to default to Chrome once and for all? Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Internet default

Double check in your Settings/Apps and make sure CLEAR DEFAULTS is selected on the stock browser app. Also if the option is available go ahead and disable the stock browser " Internet " app. That should stop it from happening.

mkmck

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply Paul! I did as you suggested and went to the app, but the option to "turn off" is grayed out. I can only "force stop" it, which works until you restart the phone. Then it's up and running again, and I get asked again which browser I want to use when I click on a link. The page reports that there are "no defaults set", therefore nothing to clear. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!

mkmck

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

BTW...and for what it's worth...I also installed the Default App Manager app and set Chrome as the default browser using that app, but that didn't change a thing. I still have to select which browser to use every time I click on a link.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Related issue...When I click on links it asks if I want to use NFL Mobile or the browser or sometimes Nook or the browser. The links I'm clicking have absolutely nothing to do with the NFL, sports, nook, B&N, nothing. It's relatively irritating.