Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default Browser Selection Issue on Galaxy S4

Every time I click on a link, my S4 asks whether to use "internet" or "Chrome" to open the website . I click Chrome, select "always", yet every time I click another link, it offers the same options. How do I get the phone to default to Chrome once and for all? Thanks!

Default Re: Internet default

Double check in your Settings/Apps and make sure CLEAR DEFAULTS is selected on the stock browser app. Also if the option is available go ahead and disable the stock browser " Internet " app. That should stop it from happening.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick reply Paul! I did as you suggested and went to the app, but the option to "turn off" is grayed out. I can only "force stop" it, which works until you restart the phone. Then it's up and running again, and I get asked again which browser I want to use when I click on a link. The page reports that there are "no defaults set", therefore nothing to clear. Any other suggestions? Thanks again!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

BTW...and for what it's worth...I also installed the Default App Manager app and set Chrome as the default browser using that app, but that didn't change a thing. I still have to select which browser to use every time I click on a link.

Default Re: Default Browser Selection Issue on Galaxy S4

Related issue...When I click on links it asks if I want to use NFL Mobile or the browser or sometimes Nook or the browser. The links I'm clicking have absolutely nothing to do with the NFL, sports, nook, B&N, nothing. It's relatively irritating.