How to disable the stopwatch-like ticking notification? It's driving me crazy!

opmetal

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping you guys can help me with this crazy notification sound that's driving me crazy. I have a "ticktickticktick" notification that sounds exactly like the seconds of a stopwatch that gets appended to the end of my regular notification.

Steps to reproduce:
In Settings/My Device/Sound/Notifications I can set whichever one, doesn't matter. Then when I get a text message or gmail, for example, I hear the correct notification but then appended to the end is a 3 second-long or so stopwatch ticking sound. If I set a "Silent" notification then when I "OK" out of that screen I get the ticking sound.

Settings/My Device/Sound/System section has no checkmarks enabled.

I installed AirPush Detector to check for adware but it found nothing.

What in the world is this and how do I get rid of it? Thanks for your help.

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
All I can think of is some sort of accessibility error. Did you recently change your accessibility settings or install a new app?

opmetal

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I went through the accessibility settings but didn't see anything relevant. Also I can't think of any app that I recently installed that I haven't used in the past. I've had this phone about a week.

coastalgirl32

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if you found an answer to this issue. I've had a ringing notification sound that was driving me nuts. The solution is under Settings>Device>Sound>Volume>Notifications; turn the volume down on notifications. No more annoying ringing every 2-3 minutes! Good Luck!

opmetal

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the help. However, as crazy as it seems my ticking sound simply went away by itself one day. I have no idea how it came or went. I searched the entire freaking internet and started threads on two android sites but never found a solution. Chalk this one up to weirdness. :/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance