Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 2 Post By Bsheedy
  • 1 Post By Bubbalou88
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange little white Square on my S4

Suddenly just today I have this little white "floating" square that can be moved around the screen. If you tap it a small menu pops up with options like adjust ringer, back, menu, and a few others. I find it anoying and do not know where it came from nor how to get rid of it. Can anyone shed some light on this. Doesn't matter which menu you are in, it is there. I can move it out of the way but it always gets in the way of something else I open. Bottom right corner is the best place so far but I want it gone.

Global Posts
    8,741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Strange little white Square on my S4

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalou88 View Post
    Suddenly just today I have this little white "floating" square that can be moved around the screen. If you tap it a small menu pops up with options like adjust ringer, back, menu, and a few others. I find it anoying and do not know where it came from nor how to get rid of it. Can anyone shed some light on this. Doesn't matter which menu you are in, it is there. I can move it out of the way but it always gets in the way of something else I open. Bottom right corner is the best place so far but I want it gone.
    Welcome to Android Central
    Do you think you could get a screenshot of said square? Would be very helpful if we could see it and the options menu it gives you
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Bubbalou88 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is there a way to do a Print Screen as on a computer or do I need to take a photo using another camera?
    Please advise,
    Gary

You can press the home and power button at the same time or you can swipe the entire side of your open hand across the screen.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x and Bubbalou88 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It is the white square above the Green Phone icon (Has 4 small squares within it).
    Also, here are shots of the menu when you tap on this icon
    Strange little white Square on my S4-p1000487.jpgStrange little white Square on my S4-p1000488.jpgStrange little white Square on my S4-p1000489.jpgStrange little white Square on my S4-p1000490.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strange little white Square on my S4-p1000487.jpg   Strange little white Square on my S4-p1000488.jpg   Strange little white Square on my S4-p1000489.jpg  

Go to settings>my device>accessibility>turn off assistant menu under mobility.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 4:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you, that did it

I had to dig through the menus to figure it out. Glad to help.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you. Your time and assistance was greatly appreciated. Being new to Smart Phone (S4 my first) there is a duh factor.
    masc69 likes this.