Why Wont My Tmobile Samsung Galaxy s4 update past 4.2.2?!

Eric OConnor

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently just purchased my galaxy s4 on tmobile (sgh-m919) and I went into my about phone and tried to update my device, but it's telling me that I can't update past 4.2.2, I've talked to other s4 owners and they said the 4.3 update was OTA, soooo why wont mine update.?! Id appreciate any help.!

Posted via Android Central App

Phammerbach

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, been waiting for it since Nov 26th. Called tmo today to try to figure out what's going on. The woman I spoke to said that the update had been pulled because of bugs, and that they may skip over anyone that doesn't have it and go straight to kit Kat. Hopefully that's the truth

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed something similar. Given the many complaints about the 4.3 update, I'm glad it's pulled and isn't available to newer owners. 4.2.2 has been working smoothly for me thus far (standby battery life is seemingly fantastic).

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new owner I have it you have to get Kies lite and update its not available OTA anymore

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't worry about 4.3......4.4 KitKat is already releasing. Sprint is pushing it out, so it's only a matter of time before T-mo gets it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Delo773

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I been patiently waiting on att to release the update yet they are taking forever 😢😢 and I don't want to root my phone just to do this..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk