Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Still waiting for the 4.4.2 OTA

AT&T is getting their ota tomorrow Feb. 26th yet. I'm really hoping that we get the update sometime this week...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Still waiting for the 4.4.2 OTA on T-Mobile

Based upon what I can see from the update on my wife's HTC One, don't expect too much. Very little difference, not worth stressing over.

I am done with getting excited about the updates. They never contain the new features. What a waste of time and money in my opinion.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I don't know if comparing the HTC One to the GS4 is an accurate comparison... The kitkat update brings a lot of improvements to the galaxy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Much of the information I have seen supports my assumption. AT&T G S4 update did not change much. Most users complain about the loss of access to the SD card, so be prepared.

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Hammonds View Post
    I am done with getting excited about the updates. They never contain the new features. What a waste of time and money in my opinion.

There is no law that states you have to receive software updates, but they are given to you for free anyway, I don't see how that's a waste of money

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Still waiting for the 4.4.2 OTA

My point is this, we now pay more than $600 for phones from the carriers and we do not receive value due to the watered down updates. We do not realize the full benefits of major systems updates in terms of new features. Is that clear enough?

I don't want the update! I want to be able to use my SD card.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

If you don't want the update just disable the software updater in the "all" section of applications

Thanked by:
    masc69 

That is untrue, software updates become mandatory at a point. You may disable for a while but they will install automatically at a point.

Update is rolling out now downloading update now

Saw the update this morning as well. The file was about 380mb, much smaller than the 4.3 update download.

Huge improvements were made on my S4 when it upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.3, so I didn't expect the KitKat update to improve performance so much because there wasn't much to improve in performance. But, accessing the app manager and closing apps is a bit faster, ram usage has gone down quite a bit. It fixed a bug that was on my 4.3 update. Every time I would open the cam app, the transition animation would reset to 1x, I always leave it at zero. It also fixed the wifi issue, it seemed to be a bit unstable on 4.3 or I would just get faulty wifi error messages. No apps deleted on this update or anything. I'm liking the new white icons, keyboard, and the cam unlock screen. The benchmark on Antutu dropped because Samsung removed the code to run all cores. While the benchmark dropped a little bit on Geekbench, it scored much higher on KitKat than on 4.2.2.

Overall I'm very happy with this update.
    Thanked by: