Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem.

Hi, i have a s4 and lately its been playing up, when i answer a call it immediately hangs up. I then have to call the person back.
    I don't know what the problem is, i even googled it and couldn't find anything relevant. So i thought i write a thread on a forum.
    Please can someone help me?

Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-08-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir Bhatt View Post
    Hi, i have a s4 and lately its been playing up, when i answer a call it immediately hangs up. I then have to call the person back.
    I don't know what the problem is, i even googled it and couldn't find anything relevant. So i thought i write a thread on a forum.
    Please can someone help me?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    How are you answering the calls? Regular swipe to answer or are you using the "AirCall Accept" option?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you
    Regular swipe

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir Bhatt View Post
    Thank you
    Regular swipe

Does it hang up as soon as you answer or is it happening after you put it up to you ear?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem.

As soon as I answer

I am having this same issue.. its really killing me that anything to do with this issue, there are literally no responses to.. ANYWHERE on these forums..if anyone knows what on earth is going on- can you PLEASE help?? I have even posted a new thread and gotten NO REPlys..

Its quite annerving when one cannot even use their "smartphone" to do simple phone tasks!!! im here trying to consult with the experts...is anyone willing to help??

Plz....HELP!!

I am also having this issue. I have a Verizon Galaxy S4. I've noticed that when my phone rings, it'll have the stock android incoming call screen (black screen with blue bar at the top, and circular icon to drag to answer the phone. After I drag to answer, it doesn't pick up but instead opens the touchwiz incoming call screen. Once I answer from that screen, the phone waits until I say, "Hello" and then hangs up immediately.

Is this similar to other people's experiences? I don't really know how to go about looking for help since it's such a strange situation.
    Thanked by:

Thumbs up Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Pick up calls and auto hang up problem. WORKAROUND

*android s4 problem, call ends call is hanged up after being answered*

Scenario
    Any Call triggers a CIRCLE type input. After swiping to the right the call does not begin immediately, instead, it opens up a HORIZONTAL BAR type of swipe. Instinctively, you will try to swipe right a second time to answer your call.

This causes the call to be answered, remain open for about 3 seconds, then hangup.

Problem
    There is a conflict overlap with the phonecall UI. By accepting the call in two different UI's, the calls is terminated shortly after being picked up.

WORKAROUND:
    When receiving an incoming call, answer it normally with the CIRCLE-type input by swiping right.
    If the Touchwiz horizontal type screen is shown, ignore it, do not interact with it.
    The call will take around 3 seconds to begin, but once it does, all will be ok and the auto-hangup will not take place.

CAUSE:
    Unknown. But started to happen since June/July 2014.

Fix/solution
    Not determined yet.