Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Its your turn folks, the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 is receiving its KitKat 4.4.2 update. Some key update points below..

• KitKat (build M919UVUFNB4)
    • Improved stability
    • New camera shortcut on the lock screen
    • Improved on-screen keyboard

Source: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat today! | Android Central

Feel free to discuss how much you like or dislike the update and list any bugs or problems.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-10-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 : Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

No major changes, status bar icons are now white. Camera icon on lock screen is non-functional.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Imberi 

I noticed I'm getting a better signal whereas before I was not

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brkaras View Post
    I noticed I'm getting a better signal whereas before I was not
    That's what I was reading from the Galaxy Note 3 update as well.

How's battery life and overall stability?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have a j connected to an upside down j next to my wifi icon. Anyone know what that is ?

How is it that the s4 gets tap to pay from Google wallet but the note 3 didn't get it

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by racer2348 View Post
    I have a j connected to an upside down j next to my wifi icon. Anyone know what that is ?
    Screen shot?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Brought some great signals enhancements from what I can see

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread-1394472755065.jpg  

Default Downloading kitkat as we speak.

Any select details I need to know about this update?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Any issues with the sd card?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread-2014-03-10-13.58.23.png

Thats the NFC signal next to the wifi. Just go to settings and turn off nfc .

Paul627g and UJ95x like this.

That is NFC turned on I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by masc69 View Post
    Any issues with the sd card?

Negative. SD card works just fine

Thanked by:
    masc69 

No issues with SD card, removed prior to the update to be sure.

Thanked by:
    masc69 

I have downloaded the new Kitkat software without any problems. I am having some trouble with the KitKat Experience Multi Launcher app. The application does not recognize my network connection and is unable to validate the license. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Has anyone installed a new app and tried moving to the sd card? Or using a photo editor and saving the picture to the sd card?
    Thanked by:
    masc69 

I can move apps just fine to sd card in application manager and running 4.4.2

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2 SGSII/Immortality-V1

Update wont show up in Kies for neither my dad's unrooted phone nor my "used to be rooted but went back to stock"'s phone. Anything I have to do?

Global Posts
    6,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Burner2K0 View Post
    Update wont show up in Kies for neither my dad's unrooted phone nor my "used to be rooted but went back to stock"'s phone. Anything I have to do?
    Make sure you're using the latest version of Kies.
    Can't update over the air?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Downloaded OTA, update installed took 75 minutes. The camera icon is handy, opens with a swipe upward. White icons as stated, Some apps were missing after update and needed to re-download. I found Air view didn't work well in JB, Samsung support said it would with new update, this is false. It works hit or miss just as before. Seems a little smoother.

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Official KitKat 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Plus you can't backup to an sd card anymore

I updated to kit Kat on my t-mobile gs4. However, I do not see the camera app on the lock screen. Are we suppose to have google now launcher? In addition, the hide app feature is gone.

Global Posts
    6,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian F View Post
    I updated to kit Kat on my t-mobile gs4. However, I do not see the camera app on the lock screen. Are we suppose to have google now launcher? In addition, the hide app feature is gone.

The camera shortcut should be there.
    No to the GN Launcher, and yes to the hide app option

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2 SGSII/Immortality-V1

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Make sure you're using the latest version of Kies.
    Can't update over the air?

Using the latest Kies 3. Can't get OTA because device status is custom even though I've tried rooting and unrooting and removing root files. I did use Kies to update to 4.3 so idk what's up.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast