Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rirruto
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

My s4 and my girls note 3, both T-mobile, have problems sending picture messages while on wifi anyone else have this happen? Using the stock Samsung messaging app it works usually fine but I use hangouts and it never works and she uses handcent and it doesn't work there either. Anyone else have this problem and solve it? I think all apn settings are correct, idk if it's something to do with the way T-mobile implements the integrated wifi calling or something?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Try turning off wifi? Not like your using it for sending the MMS.

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Nope. No issues at all...might want to factory reset

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Default Re: T-Mobile Galaxy S4: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Go to
    -Settings
    -Wifi
    -Advanced
    -Make sure Auto network switch is checked

Also, I would disable Wifi Calling as I don't think it plays well with MMS.
    prodigy1814 likes this.

Wifi calling works great with mms but only with the stock Messenger not sure why but that is the only why I can't send pics while on wifi calling.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That's what I've found too is that when connected to wifi with wifi calling on mms only works well with the stock Samsung messaging app. That's really annoying because I want to use wifi calling and don't wanna use the stock messaging app. Strange though that it isn't giving some people problems but is to others.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: Anyone else have any issues with sending mms while on wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Try turning off wifi? Not like your using it for sending the MMS.
    Yeah if I turn wifi off I can send an mms through hangouts with no problems. So I'm guessing it's the wifi calling that's causing the issue.

Messaging app Textra just added a setting that allows phone to switch over to the network for sending mms then goes back to wifi calling.