Weird Bluetooth issues with voice control

Tommy Cheatham

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having odd issues with Bluetooth voice control that I can't seem to find an answer to through all of my Googling.

I just installed a new head unit in my car, an Alpine UTE-52BT. The phone streams audio through the Bluetooth connection just fine, and it seems to work just find for hands-free calls, too.

The issue is that the microphone sometimes won't listen when I attempt voice control. Holding down the button on the radio invokes voice control, and I can choose to launch either S Voice or Google,since I haven't chosen a default. S Voice never seems to pick anything up from the microphone in the car or in the phone while it is connected. Google is odd, because it brings up the Now screen and it will activate listening when I say "OK Google", but at that point the mic almost always stops responding. If I have never connected power while connected to the car, the car mic will frequently listen, but once I plug in power it tends to go back not not responding, except for "OK Google". I'm running out of ideas for what else to change--I've heard that on the S3 enabling/disabling touch sounds can have an affect, but I haven't had any luck with that yet.

Thanks for any advice!

dougc405

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Svoice does the same thing with my Kenwood head unit. It activates, but won't listen. Google Now will listen, but only activates if the screen is on. I don't have to say "Ok Google". If screen is off, the Google voice dialer comes up instead. I also tried Dragon Mobile Assistant, but that did not written correctly, either.

Right now, I am using klets, which behaves fairly well with my Kenwood. It uses Google's voice recognition, so it it's pretty accurate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Tommy Cheatham

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I've still been messing with it. I got the Klets test, and it worked....at first. Then it also stopped working. And Google Search stopped working as well.

Somehow it seems to be connected to whether it is charging or not, but I am not quite sure how. Also if I am using Pocketcasts to listen to a podcast voice recognition doesn't seem to work, but it does if I listen to music with a different app. This is very odd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang