PLEASE HELP! S4 just died...for no reason.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've been having all sorts of issues with my device(s). I listed the other issues here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...data-issues-s4-before-after-4-4-2-update.html
No one seems to be reading that thread so I decided to start a new one because 1 this is more important, 2 T-Mobile support aren't there anymore tonight, and 3 this is a totally different issue.

I'm currently keeping the battery out of my phone for 5-10 minutes to do a hard reset because my phone turned itself off randomly. It had about 13%-15% battery left, at least. Basically what happened before that is I downloaded a local news show's weather app checked it out (severe weather here in AL tonight) and then turned my screen off. I did not feel the phone vibrate or anything. Before I downloaded the app though I looked at my bars for cellular service (calls and texts) and I had none while my sister (with the same phone) had 3-4. So, I restarted it. Everything was fine, had 2-3 bars. Since the phones weren't next to each other (though in the same room and close enough that I could touch her phone) I just figured the difference was whatever.

The only non-stock things I had downloaded were icon changers and Nova Launcher Pro. I was thinking about rooting my phone but because of this NO WAY. If this doesn't resolve by tomorrow when I wake up, I am going to call T-Mobile but besides doing what I am doing right now, is there anything else I could do to get my phone to turn on? I wasn't even doing anything on it when I realized it had turned itself off. No vibration...I didn't select "Turn off" or anything. Just bam! Went to press the home button and the screen wouldn't turn on. Pressing the power button doesn't work either.

PLEASE HELP!

It has fixed itself. Took me about 5 minutes to type this. Put the battery back in and it is fine. I have 18% battery left on it. I don't know why this happened. If someone could give me some insight as to why this happened and how to prevent it in the future that would be great!

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Haaa.... haa that was just a big lol for us :D This is becoming popular nowadays with the smartphones they get onto trouble, we get horrified and start seeking help and eventually they seems to fixed itself up again. :) Well I am happy as it has mended itself.

Simple Logic XYR

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, you're not in the woods yet.

Samsung has admitted to the problem, of sudden death!

I've had 3 Samsung phones do this now. It starts with the phone turning off, by it self, and then being unable to restart. Sometimes it will not even charge. You pull out the battery wait a while and put it back in.

Did this for 3 months on my S3 ..Then one day, nothing! Won't start, tried everything including fully charged battery, charged via another device .. Dead

Same thing has happen to many of my friends, and my dad, aswell!

I will most likely go with a numeric china beast upon my next purchase, instead of these west world garbage. We pay so much, and we are being exploited!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis