QUESTION: Do you all have data while on a phone call?

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I noticed something on 3 lines of my mom's plan. It is happening on my line, my sister's line and my mother's line. My sister and I both have S4's and my mom has an S3. This has happened for the last 3 months (at least that is when I first noticed it). Basically, if I have my WiFi on and access to a WiFi network I have internet service during a phone call. Which 99% of the time right now I have WiFi access so it isn't a problem. I'm just worried about that "What if" situation.
Anyway, it doesn't matter if I have WiFi on or off if I don't have access to a WiFi network, I don't have any internet access at all. I could be in a place where I have full bars and 4GLTE service and I won't have service during the call. I tried calling T-Mobile just to test it out on my sister's and mother's phones and they don't have data during a phone call either.

This makes no sense. I called T-Mobile and the guy supposedly put this information in a ticket that the network engineers will look into and he is going to get back to me on Sunday but I want to know what y'all think.

I have set my phone to 2G only and it still happens. It can't be my phone, sim card, or whatever because it is happening with different phones, lines, sim cards but all with Samsung devices.

Anyway, do you guys have data during a phone call?

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes any time my phone shows 4g, 4G LTE, or on wifi. I have the S4 also. Only time I don't is when phone shows the letters E or G next to the signal bars.

Posted via Android Central App

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine noticed with the Note3 that data is disabled whilst on a call. The phone houses the octacore chip. Maybe it's specific to those devices.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes any time my phone shows 4g, 4G LTE, or on wifi

Posted via Android Central App

Even while on a phone call? Sorry, just want to make sure I am understanding you.

A friend of mine noticed with the Note3 that data is disabled whilst on a call. The phone houses the octacore chip. Maybe it's specific to those devices.

Could be. They did both come out last year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams