Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to improve indoor signal

I have unlimited data and my office has an incredibly sucky WiFi so my streaming music cuts in and out all day - very frustrating. Also, I don't get any bars at my desk. At other locations in the office I do. Is there a cheap way to put an antenna or some kind of booster at my desk or by the window or something to improve my signal? The music is supposed to help me relax and focus at work, but the buggy WiFi makes days even more frustrating. And the WiFi calling isn't completely reliable either. Ideas?
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    20,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to improve indoor signal

Have you considered storing 40 or 50 of your favorite songs on the device or SD card so that you can listen to music without concern to the signal quality?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you considered storing 40 or 50 of your favorite songs on the device or SD card so that you can listen to music without concern to the signal quality?
    Yeah, I have an extensive set of MP3s on there, and I can download/cache Spotify or Slacker, but I'd just like to get this resolved. I'm here more waking hours than I'm home, so it would be nice to be able to make/receive calls on other than WiFi and to do whatever else I needed or wanted to do. I'm not that far from the window where I can get a signal, but just far enough away where I can't, which is frustrating. So far today I've reset our WiFi once and have restarted my phone once, and have had to log back in to WiFi at least 12-14 times, and it's just after 10am. I've given up for now and am using my MP3s, but I like hearing new or unexpected stuff on the streaming apps.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

The only thing I can think of is getting a Hotspot or something similar and setup at your desk.