Stuck in Boot

kerbalcaptain

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I can't find a discussion to address this, so here it is.

I just rooted a replacement S4 running 4.4.2, everything was fine. I then used Uninstall Master to rid myself of the bloat, and then... stuck on load screen!

When I rebooted the phone, it stayed at the T-Mobile load screen. I tried factory reset and re-rooting using Odin, and no luck. Still stuck. Also tried a custom recovery mod, but since I can't start the phone, my pc doesn't recognize it to let me go through its directory to insert files on the card.

Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I can't find a discussion to address this, so here it is.

I just rooted a replacement S4 running 4.4.2, everything was fine. I then used Uninstall Master to rid myself of the bloat, and then... stuck on load screen!

When I rebooted the phone, it stayed at the T-Mobile load screen. I tried factory reset and re-rooting using Odin, and no luck. Still stuck. Also tried a custom recovery mod, but since I can't start the phone, my pc doesn't recognize it to let me go through its directory to insert files on the card.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forums.
You are probably going to have to reflash a stock ROM through Odin.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After I get it downloaded (looong wait on SamMobile), I will do that. Could I have uninstalled a system app in Uninstall Master to cause this?

That would be my guess. After you get back up and running, and rerooted, make a Nandroid backup of the ROM before removing anything. This will reduce headaches.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer