Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New s 4 owner

Hello, my name is navin and I am a new owner to a S4. I have had androids in the past such as the prisms and the mytouch but not a galaxy. Im still waiting to recieve my S4 but i wanted to know if they was a special way i should charge my new phone to get the best out of my battery. Some say charge it right away, some say drain it then charge it etc. Also I have heard after 6 months the battery dies really fast, but i saw new OEM batteries on ebay for around 20 so i don't mind buying a battery when this one gives up. And is there any problems I should look out for, my friends s4 use to over heat like crazy I hope that doesn't happen to me.In the past I have always downloaded "advanced task killer" and it really helps should I download it to this phone as well.Thanks

Default Re: New s 4 owner

When I have first opened a new phone, I always had turned it on right away (too excited to wait any longer). From there I kinda just used it till it needed to be charged. My devices have always had great battery life, including my Galaxy S 4G and S2.
    (But I would say I am a more of a light to medium usage). Heating has happened to me, but only when I've used it heavily; watching a movie/lots of Youtube.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: New s 4 owner

Thanks for the reply. I alway have done the same but this time it came before i was home and had my sister charge ti for me so when i got home it was all done. My battery life is ok, could be better but i would hate to get the extended back for it.
    It does get heated but i often put it in the fridge or put a icepack on it when its charging because i read the what is bad for it.