Samsug Galaxy S4 yellow flickering screen problem.

Phrie

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 has recently been flickering a dark yellow tint on the bottom half of the screen. If I take a screenshot, the picture does not include the yellow flickering, so I took a picture on a different device:

image.jpg

It started doing this rarely a couple months ago. Now, it does it all the time, and it goes away whenever it wants to after a while. Sometimes (but not all the time), it goes away when I change the brightness. It usually shows up again after removing from a charger, when the phone's about to go to sleep, or after a reboot.

I recently rooted my phone about a week ago and removed some non-important bloatware. Could that have been the problem?

How can I fix this? :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be anything from a bad screen driver on the motherboard (motherboard replacement) to a bad screen (screen replacement) to a loose connector (push it back in and lock it).

It's under warranty. Back up everything, bring it to the carrier and ask them to please fix or replace it. If it's the screen or morhterboard they'll probably replace the phone.

tambers

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 has recently been flickering a dark yellow tint on the bottom half of the screen. If I take a screenshot, the picture does not include the yellow flickering, so I took a picture on a different device:

View attachment 157260

It started doing this rarely a couple months ago. Now, it does it all the time, and it goes away whenever it wants to after a while. Sometimes (but not all the time), it goes away when I change the brightness. It usually shows up again after removing from a charger, when the phone's about to go to sleep, or after a reboot.

I recently rooted my phone about a week ago and removed some non-important bloatware. Could that have been the problem?

How can I fix this? :(

Phrie

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine does exactly the same. Did u remedy it? And if so how. Thanks in advance

Sorry for the late response. I have a new phone now (Galaxy S5), so the problem doesn't occur anymore, but if I recall correctly, when I still had the S4, the flickering problem just went away on its own without me having to do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith