Black dialer

pookieguy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have posted on some other forums but no response. I just had to upgrade my S4 Tmobile to kit kat but cannot get to find a way to change the dialer to black. The white is hideous and while I was able to change it on rooted phone with all previous versions, none work on kit kat update.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
--mike

--Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4--

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have posted on some other forums but no response. I just had to upgrade my S4 Tmobile to kit kat but cannot get to find a way to change the dialer to black. The white is hideous and while I was able to change it on rooted phone with all previous versions, none work on kit kat update.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
--mike

Unfortunately you can't change the stock dialer without rooting and/or installing a third-party application that supports a black theme. Have you considered any of those two options?

pookieguy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I'm rooted and have done this already in the past. That's the problem. I can't see to successfully replace the dialer one I upgraded to kit kat. Third party tools do not actually replace the actual dialer. It just provides a custom dialer on top of the dialer. You still get the horrible white dialer one the call is placed. I know because I'm actually using one of the best dialers.

I need to find the proper contacts and phone sec files that work for kit kat. Previous replacement files do not work.

Thanks for reply. Any help is appreciated.