Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ruvim.boyko's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Please help the semi-noob

    hello. first off i have a samsung vibrant running froyo 2.2
    i rooted my phone (have superuser permissions) but i cant seem to get clockwork recovery to work...i have tried countless update.zips to no avail. this happens every time:

    -- Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

    can someone please help me?

    and yes ive searched everywhere. ive tried using fastboot and flash_image but neither of them worked either...
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Please help the semi-noob

    Quote Originally Posted by ruvim.boyko View Post
    hello. first off i have a samsung vibrant running froyo 2.2
    i rooted my phone (have superuser permissions) but i cant seem to get clockwork recovery to work...i have tried countless update.zips to no avail. this happens every time:

    -- Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

    can someone please help me?

    and yes ive searched everywhere. ive tried using fastboot and flash_image but neither of them worked either...
    Hello, I'm an Samsung Epic 4g owner (brother/sister Galaxy S device) but I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say don't use the update.zip option in ClockWork. Use the Install zip from sdcard option instead and that will probably work much better.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    ruvim.boyko's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Re: Please help the semi-noob

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Hello, I'm an Samsung Epic 4g owner (brother/sister Galaxy S device) but I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say don't use the update.zip option in ClockWork. Use the Install zip from sdcard option instead and that will probably work much better.
    the problem is that i clockwork doesnt work at all. im trying to use it but i cant seem to install it..
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Please help the semi-noob

    Quote Originally Posted by ruvim.boyko View Post
    the problem is that i clockwork doesnt work at all. im trying to use it but i cant seem to install it..
    Have you followed the instructions to download ROM Manager from the Market and select Flash ClockWork Recovery? See post below and check the " NOTES " in the top of the post specific for Froyo...

    If you are on Froyo, you must use first to allow 3e recovery to install unsigned files.
    [How-To] Samsung Vibrant Root Froyo, Flash a Custom ROM, Backup and Factory Restore
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    ruvim.boyko's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default Re: Please help the semi-noob

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Have you followed the instructions to download ROM Manager from the Market and select Flash ClockWork Recovery? See post below and check the " NOTES " in the top of the post specific for Froyo...



    [How-To] Samsung Vibrant Root Froyo, Flash a Custom ROM, Backup and Factory Restore
    yes i did that. i used the 3e recovery app. but it always fails. ive tried it like 20 times.
  6. #6  
    ls377's Avatar

    Posts
    1,594 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

    Default Re: Please help the semi-noob

    Quote Originally Posted by ruvim.boyko View Post
    yes i did that. i used the 3e recovery app. but it always fails. ive tried it like 20 times.
    3e recovery app? I don't think this is even something an app can do.

    Read post 9 of the linked XDA thread, the instructions go a little more in depth. There's also a thread linked in the same spot in the Captivate rooting sticky that might have better instructions.

Posting Permissions

B