Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Removing programs after rooting question

From my understanding after the phone is rooted, you can remove unwanted programs that bog the phone down. Is that process very difficult? Can anyone give me a how-to, or point me to one? Also, what are the ones I should remove first? Thanks for helping me out!

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

i use root explorer and travel to system/apps and pick very carefully

id nandroid if possible

Quote Originally Posted by GreggoryD502 View Post
    From my understanding after the phone is rooted, you can remove unwanted programs that bog the phone down. Is that process very difficult? Can anyone give me a how-to, or point me to one? Also, what are the ones I should remove first? Thanks for helping me out!
    Here ya go ace...

I searched GOOGLE for you with the search "remove bloatware from vibrant"; third link down.

Start deleting bloatware from Samsung Vibrant. - Android Forums

I personally used Titanium Backup for this. I backed up the entire rom and all apps first. You can download ROM MANAGER in the market to flash recovery and backup rom. I also backed up all apps through titanium backup and then went through the list in the link I provided and deleted bloatware. Good luck. NANDROID, NANDROID, NANDROID. I am not responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. NANDROID...

And don't think because I don't have a lot of posts I don't know what I'm talking about. XDA is down at the moment so i'm browsing here.

That's a good list. I copy them to a folder called junk on my SD card then move them to my computer. That way I can get then back if something breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by voghan View Post
    That's a good list. I copy them to a folder called junk on my SD card then move them to my computer. That way I can get then back if something breaks.
    Exactly...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks parm!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggoryD502 View Post
    Thanks parm!!
    No problem.

Looks like its been a minute since someone posted on this. This is what I've deleted (Bloatware) from my Vibrant with no issues.

Kindle
    Amazon MP3
    This SIMS 3.0
    Layar
    MobiTV
    Audio Postcard
    AllShare
    Gogo
    Mini Diary
    Calendar Clock
    Y! Finance Clock
    AccuWeather Clock
    Slacker
    Telenav GPS

As always make a Nandroid before removing anything and I'm not responsible for anything YOU do to YOUR phone. Hope this helps...
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

TitaniumBackup worked for me. I could remove them, yet keep them at hand just in case that I needed the apps again.