Possible Brick?

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So I started a new job today and my co-worker I noticed has a motorola charm..yeah i know..well we were talking android and he said he had "bricked" his vibrant so the charm was a cheap android replacement for the time being. He said he tried rooting it and thats how he thinks it was bricked..how could I do a recovery on the vibrant or is there any other ways to maybe "unbrick" it..He's gonna let me take home the phone for a few days and see what I can do make work some magic :eek:

boimarc89

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I bet you $50 that it really isnt bricked. The samsung vibrant is hard to brick unless u intentionally load improper system files on it .... All you do is take the battery out, put it back in, Plug the USB plug in, (The battery indicator should pop up) then Hold vol up+vol down+Power until the battery indicator disapears. As soon as it disappears, let go of the power button but continue to hold vol up and down until u see a yellow caution sign....There u go, Download mode!! u can reflash back to factory firmware by a program on ur computer called ODIN.

[HOWTO] Recover from a "soft brick" on your Vibrant - CyanogenMod Forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome