Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ROM] Nero Beta

Source: [ROM] Nero v5 (KA5) - Team Whiskey - 01/14/11 - xda-developers

Features
    Completely based off new KA5 leak (kernel, modem, system files, apps, etc.)
    Additional changed made to Init script for smoother/faster UI
    Additional GPS modifications
    Voodoo still enabled by default
    Minor visual changes
    All user apps updated
    Faster gallery
    TouchWiz mms/sms should now work perfectly!
    Updated carrier/country apn list

Change Log
    Supports small/larger nand chips
    Converts full system partition to ext4 (nexus s uses ext4 files system. theres a reason samsung dropped our crap rfs system...it sucks! ext4 is amazing)
    Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
    Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery
    Last edited by ragnarokx; 01-17-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Default About Nero 4.1

This ROM is very nice and speedy, but I found one little detail about background data and syncing with gmail. Prior to flashing Nero I had syncing off to save battery life and under "Account and Syncing" menu, and under the gmail account said "update changes only", emails will come through plus changes of contacts and calendar. By turning syncing off in Nero 4.1, "update changes only" is not available, so I need to keep syncing on at all times. Anyone with Nero 4.1 that can shed a light on this? Help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one with this issue and Nero 4.1, I'll wait patiently .

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

Default friend decided on the nero 4.1 rom touchwiz

his phone is from the store stock what do we need to do to get the rom on it? i assume root it right? willl the captivate 1 click root work? i have it for my captivate, what else do i need to do? is the clockwork recovery mod availble from marketplace or do i have to unlock marketplace? thanks for replys

i just did this yesterday. I used ryanZa's Z4 root, [APP] z4root - xda-developers which is super f@#$g awesome. I dont think the instructions for nero 4.1 on the xda page are written for beginners ( or i'm dumber than i thought), go to TheUnlockr.com - Cell Phone How To's, Phone Reviews, and Wireless News!. very good step by step guide on ROM flashing.

Now that it's done, i love this phone. speedy as all hell and not one bit of lag

oh yeah, once rooted, just get rom manager from the market

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

Quote Originally Posted by bc718 View Post
    oh yeah, once rooted, just get rom manager from the market
    now that you have had it for a little while any issues? how do you like it

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

UPDATE!
    My previous issues were fixed by re-flashing, but after that Nero v5 came out, flashed it and all is good, working GPS and all.
    Guys, do your selfs a favor, flash Nero v5 to bring this phone to life, something that Samsung nor TMobile aren't able or want to do, happy camper with my Vibrant .

Haven't found any issues yet. Works great. This was my first root/flash experience, so not too sure what to look out forand I have nothing to compare it to. I finally love this phone now. Out its fast as all **** and it hadn't lagged or frozen up at all.

Default Flashing nero v 5 problem

I'm in the process of flashing nero v 5 on my vibrant. Everything seemed to be going fine, when it got stuck for the last 40 min the screen says "installing.... searching for update package". Should I be worried?

It's been stuck for over an hour, now.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me, took battery out, started fresh and flashed it back to stock, then flashed Nero 5, everything is good now.