1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can't boot after trying to return to stock

I was messing with some roms and got one that I liked ( nero ) then I was trying to go back to stock and that where I did something wrong. Im in recovery mode and I select reboot seystem and it then shows the vibrant screen then it goes right back to the recovery screen. The only other choices I have is clear cache and reinstall package and delete all user package. So I can't get out of this loop. I think I need to use odin but never had to use it. Is there something I can do without using odin.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    I was messing with some roms and got one that I liked ( nero ) then I was trying to go back to stock and that where I did something wrong. Im in recovery mode and I select reboot seystem and it then shows the vibrant screen then it goes right back to the recovery screen. The only other choices I have is clear cache and reinstall package and delete all user package. So I can't get out of this loop. I think I need to use odin but never had to use it. Is there something I can do without using odin.
    Odin is actually really simple to use, if you look in my signature below i have a link to How to videos, for the galaxy s captivate, look at the 4th or 5th video down shows you how to use odin,,,,but in the mean time ill try to find an alternative solution for you.

Edit:
    im sorry it seems all the solutions i find lead back to odin here are some links to help you :

Last edited by DroidXcon; 12-31-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you that's what I thought. I had the phone working really gods then I had to keep messing with it well that's how you learn.

ROM
    Nero v5 / Voodoo kernel

did you disable the Voodoo kernel b4 you tried to flash back to stock?

u have to do that first because voodoo is 2.2 compatible only and causes problems when it it tries to run on 2.1