Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any reason to re-install the lag fix after upgrading to Froyo?

So I just installed the official Froyo release for my Vibrant and am wondering if I should bother re-rooting and installing the lag fix. Any thoughts? And will the one-click root (found here) and RyanZA's one-click lag fix 2.0 be compatible with Froyo?

Thanks!

I want to know the same info as I had successfully rooted and did the OCLF while under Eclair

Quote Originally Posted by StabMasterArson View Post
    So I just installed the official Froyo release for my Vibrant and am wondering if I should bother re-rooting and installing the lag fix. Any thoughts? And will the one-click root (found here) and RyanZA's one-click lag fix 2.0 be compatible with Froyo?

Thanks!
    So the lag-fix is only for rooted phones?

I just rooted and installed RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 on my Bell Vibrant running FroYo JL2 and (yes it works) I did notice a speed difference.

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Default Vibrant Froyo Questions

Hey all,

Before the official Froyo update for my vibrant...I had rooted my phone and was running Ryanz OCLF. After the update my phone is not rooted and has no lag fix on it. I was just wondering if at this point a lag fix was even needed and what suggestions anyone could offer to improve the performance of my vibrant.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

A lag fix is more a personal choice really. Give your vibrant a couple days to see if running stock 2.2 suites your preferences. If not there are voodoo kernels that can be found in the forums or at XDA. Or if you want to go all out, flash in a custom rom and kernel.
    Rooting comes with great power & great responsibilities.

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Thank you for your respons Ron. I have run the OCLF but am not familiar with the voodoo one. Could you tell me more about it? And as far as flashng...I have a 2 year warranty on my phone so I am too scared of bricking it! and voiding that warrenty. I know rooting does too but there are ways around that to unroot it and what not lol.

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Thank you for your respons Ron. I have run the OCLF but am not familiar with the voodoo one. Could you tell me more about it? And as far as flashng...I have a 2 year warranty on my phone so I am too scared of bricking it! and voiding that warrenty. I know rooting does too but there are ways around that to unroot it and what not lol.
    Unfortunately to use voodoo lagfixes you do have to have a rooted device, because you have to flash it in (as far as I know). Some custom roms has voodoo built in but it usually comes in a kernel.

As for rooting and flashing custom roms & kernels. It is really a personal choice. But if you want to risk, I recommend that you do a lot of research first to minimize the chance of bricking their device. Each android device has their own ROMS and kernels. And a lot of people brick their phone because they flash incompatible roms and kernels. A good place to start is Vibrant hacks sub forum. section: http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-mo...ng-roms-hacks/.

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ronindan View Post
    Unfortunately to use voodoo lagfixes you do have to have a rooted device, because you have to flash it in (as far as I know). Some custom roms has voodoo built in but it usually comes in a kernel.

As for rooting and flashing custom roms & kernels. It is really a personal choice. But if you want to risk, I recommend that you do a lot of research first to minimize the chance of bricking their device. Each android device has their own ROMS and kernels. And a lot of people brick their phone because they flash incompatible roms and kernels. A good place to start is Vibrant hacks sub forum. section: http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-mo...ng-roms-hacks/.
    So the process would be the same as rooting my vibrant before and using the OCLF or it would require a different procedure?

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

It will be a different processes since you have to install it using odin or clockwork recovery. Unfortunately I could not help you in that regards since the way I install custome roms and kernels are ment for my device (telus fascinate)

Sent by my droid

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Thanks for the help Ron. Anyone out there familiar with voodoo on the vibrant?

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Thanks for the help Ron. Anyone out there familiar with voodoo on the vibrant?
    Voodoo (or any ext2/ext4 lag fix) can be easily enabled by flashing a custom kernel on a rooted vibrant. Head over to XDA forums. There is tons of info on it.

DO NOT use OCLF as it is outdated and no longer supported by the developer.

Sent from my Doc's Kitchened up Galaxy S using Tapatalk Pro.
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel