Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help me unroot my vibrant...

sorry to bother but i just bought a samsung vibrant today from craigslist which came rooted... i would like to unroot it just so that i can try the phone the way it is. i don't know what to do bc i am not too familiar with rooting & unrooting phones.

(i just want to figure out how to unroot my phone & then install the 2.2 froyo update from the samsung kies mini)

please someone help me... i'll apriciated

Global Posts
    11,645 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Use this FILE

Learn how to get into download mode

Then learn how to flash with odin
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default galaxyS01

i downloaded the file for the vibrant which im not too sure what i downloaded. it took me a while to find and download odin but i found it. then i follow the steps from the odin tutorial but once i press start, nothing happend. i ended up removing the battery bc i waited a while but nothing happend. now when i turn on the phone it has a picture of a small phone, a ! inside an orange triangle, and a pc picture... does this mean i f'up my vibrant??? i noticed that i had to download samsung drivers but couldnt find them, is that maybe the reason the process didnt work?? anyone ever had this happen b4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default galaxyS01

nvm i was able to reboot my phone back to 2.1... funny thing i noticed was that it still has the persons pics who sold me the phone inside the phone even though the sd card is removed. weird! but now that i tried doing the update my phone keeps blinking while it tries to install the drivers bc i bring up samsung kies mini

Global Posts
    11,645 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyS01 View Post
    nvm i was able to reboot my phone back to 2.1... funny thing i noticed was that it still has the persons pics who sold me the phone inside the phone even though the sd card is removed. weird! but now that i tried doing the update my phone keeps blinking while it tries to install the drivers bc i bring up samsung kies mini
    it has an internal memory card that needs seperate wiping i believe, i dont have a vibrant so i dont know the exact details

make sure you are in debugging mode and you have the usb setting set up to kies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

delete