How much space does a backup take up?

Network24

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The reason im asking is because i read that when you back up your phone it gets saved on the SD card. The Vibrant comes with a 2 GB card. Will this be enough for a back up?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It gets saved on the internal SD card, which I think the Vibrant has a 16 GB like the Cappy. Either way, it shouldn't be more than a gig, if that (I'm assuming you mean a nandroid).

Network24

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It gets saved on the internal SD card, which I think the Vibrant has a 16 GB like the Cappy. Either way, it shouldn't be more than a gig, if that (I'm assuming you mean a nandroid).

I'm confused. Doesnt the internal memory get wiped when you go to install a new ROM etc? If that happens wouldn't that mean the nandroid would get deleted as well?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. Doesnt the internal memory get wiped when you go to install a new ROM etc? If that happens wouldn't that mean the nandroid would get deleted as well?

No it doesn't. Only certain partitions get wiped (system, data, cache, etc.). This is only a small part of the internal memory. The rest of the memory is seen as an SD card to the phone, and doesn't get wiped unless you do a master clear in Odin (or maybe a data reset in settings will do it, but I've never tried). Installing a ROM won't touch the SD part of the internal memory.

Reactions: Network24
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
there are six files in a nandroid back up. this is the size of my back up
.android_secure.img-2.06k
cache.img-2.55mb
data.img-447.1mb
datadata.img-19.25mb
nandroid.md-5179 bytes
system.img-221.2mb

added up to 691 mb