No Vibrant Support for HPSA+ 21Mpbs?
A comment in a CNET review posted by n0estoy mentioned that the Samsung Vibrant will not use HPSA+ 21Mpbs. Is this true? If so, I don't think I'll go with the Vibrant, even though I just came within a few mouse clicks of odering it from T-Mo. Very disappointing.
- 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Yes, the Vibrant will work on HPSA+. If CNET is reporting otherwise, than it is mistaking. The benefit of T-Mobile's HSPA+ vs othe 4g or 3g networks is that HSPA+ is compatiable with all current and furture smartphones through the T-Mobile network, as well as most phone first devices.
- 07-16-2010, 05:08 PM #3
- 07-18-2010, 01:38 AM #5
- 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM #6
Almost no devices will get 21mbps. This speed is produced in a lab environment under ideal conditions. You will generally get about 75 -85% of the advertised max speed of any network. All mobile companies advertise the best speeds possible when touting capability but you can bet in the wild you won't be getting those speeds
- 07-28-2010, 05:31 PM #7
From T-Mobiles FAQ:
Samsung Vibrant -- An Early FAQ
[ Edited ]
* Mark as New
* Subscribe to RSS Feed
* Email to a Friend
* Report Inappropriate Content
06-25-2010 01:47 PM - last edited on 06-28-2010 10:31 AM by Moderator Daryl
Thank you to everyone who played T-Mobile Clue (The New Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S Series Android Smartphone) and solved the puzzle. We are thrilled to offer the Samsung Vibrant, coming soon to T-Mobile.
We will have more details to share when the countdown on the T-Mobile Clue page reaches zero. But in the meantime, we wanted to answer a few of the most common questions we have received.
* The Vibrant offers a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor which is optimized for superior media viewing and game play.
* The Vibrant has a 4.0-inch Super AMOLED touch screen display that gives you a bright, vivid viewing experience.
* The Vibrant benefits from enhanced speeds with T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network, but it’s not an HSPA+ device.
* The Vibrant is one of the slimmest smartphones on the market. The dimensions are 4.82” x 2.54” x 0.39”; weighs 4.16 oz.
* The Vibrant’s 5 MP camera is equipped with digital zoom and autofocus. Comes with an HD video recorder too!
- 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM #8
A little more info from Wall Street Journal and GigaOm. Looks like even the non HSPA+ devices will be faster than Sprint's 4G devices.
T-Mobile Extends HSPA+ Ahead of the Data Demand Wave
A review of T-Mobile's HSPA+ system - WSJ.com
- 07-28-2010, 11:58 PM #9
- 08-03-2010, 12:55 AM #10