1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does your phone FREEZE-up?

so starting yesterday, I noticed that my phone has been freezing up like crazy! And when I say "freeze", I mean that I have to take out the battery to fix it.

Is this just my issue?

Do you know how to possibly correct this?

I'm new to the Android world.
    :rolleyes:

Sorry, looks like you got a defective unit. Have you installed anything recently?

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try a factory restore. It sounds like a crappy app that you have is taking up your processor.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I noticed this to especially when using the search function. Selecting an app from search is terrible.I have to select the app several times before the screen responds.

yah i would say ur phone is defective or as they say it may be a app...sorry

That happened to me a few days ago,... I noticed that I could no longer install apps from the Market. So I rebooted the phone,.. still did not work. Performance became slow,... then it would not even let me do a factory restore... I exchanged it,... problem gone so far.

I've heard people doing a factory restore fixing three issue. I haven't had any issues but I did a factory restore minutes after I left the tmobile store.

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

I was having that issue once in a while, Now i called TMobile on a different issue (GPS) and they gave me a similar workaround to what was posted on AC, the site and port were not the same. Since then I have not had the phone lock up on me once in 3 days.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So I figured it out. Check this out: Whenever the phone was plugged into my extra non-OEM charger, it would automatically freeze until I unplugged it. When I use the OEM charger, it works! Is that weird? Who thinks they can explain that?

I've seen this before with my old phone. The phone doesn't like the charge voltage. I would have issues with the touch screen on my Hero. I would just not use the phone while I was charging it. I normally only change at night so its not an issue for me.

Default Re: Does your phone FREEZE-up?

My android phones always freeze up to the point where I have to hold the power button for 10 sec or take out the batteryI have 4 android phones they shall do the same thing