samsung vibrant review

tray562

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I had my samsung vibrant for a week now I must say I love this phone. I had a cliq xt before which was cool phone but i go tried of waiting for the 2.1 update and had few problems that i got real tired of. Now I will list the things I like and dont like.

The good:
screen display: the display on this phone is the best one I ever saw. I thought the Iphone 4 had it but samsung vibrant blows it out of the water and there isnt anything else I have to say about it. also the screen is Scratch resistant.

touchwiz: I really do like the UI of this phone i was kinda worried at first. My friend had the behold 1 whiched that phone sucked and i played with the behold 2 which wasnt much better. Once I got hold of this phone and started to use it I got use to the UI real fast. I had a cliq XT which the was cool but sometimes it was little bit to much but i gotten use to the motoblur. Which I kinda miss the free RSS feed that motoblur had but overall I like touchwiz 3.0

feels light in the hand: when i first got the phone man I was worried that phone was to light and i was going to drop but after few days the phone felt really good in the hands.

music player: The music player is really nice it got the Ipod/phone feel but the great thing about it is once you locked the screen. You can hit lock button and you will see a CD you can pull that down and change the song from there. Also you can play the songs in 5.1 surround sound. The headphones that come with the vibrant are really good I dont get much outside noise and people dont hear what im playing.

battery life: my battery life what I did when i first got it was charged the phone til it was 100 percent kept it on there for another hour. After I did that i took it off and used it for rest of the day until it died on my first day I got about 7 hours from it. the next day I charged the phone up once it got to 100 percent again i took it off and went on with my day. I got home at 11 at night that day and i still had 50 percent left so I used my phone heavy for about 3 hours to bring it down to 35 percent I went to bed. Once I woke up the phone hasnt shut off it was at 10 percent. So I wated til it went 1 percent and I put it on the charger once it charged again I took it off my phone and wanted to run a test with my phone. I used my phone as my ipod It takes me 45-50mins on the bus to get there. Once I got to work I only used 10 percent of my battery life I showed my friends some of avatar, did some phone calls and text. after I was done with all of that my phone was down to 75 percent. overall Im getting about 10-15 hours uses on my phone.

the bad:
brightness keep changing: I dont know if this a problem that other people are having but it does make mad that my brightness keeps going on up.

i cant tell when someone writes on my facebook wall from feeds and updates:
this one pretty much explains itself. If anyone has away please share.

random network errors: I dont get it when i use the internet but I will get it when im updating my feeds or trying go into the market. It gets pretty annoying but I can deal with it.

I have had great experince with this phone I dont have that many bads cause im pretty easy to please so I dont have many problems with the phone. I dont have the GPS problem it works fine. I just love my phone coming from the cliq XT to the vibrant is a blessing there are a few things I will miss about the cliq but Im pretty sure I will get over as I continue to use my vibrant. Overall I would say buy this phone its a great buy.

ARich91

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
brightness keep changing: I dont know if this a problem that other people are having but it does make mad that my brightness keeps going on up.
This could be because you have auto brightness enabled.

i cant tell when someone writes on my facebook wall from feeds and updates:
this one pretty much explains itself. If anyone has away please share.
Check out Bloo in the market, it will give notifications on comments, messages, etc