Vibrant vs My Touch Slide

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any opinions on these two? Im switching from Sprint to a Tmo employee line so im gonna be picking up one of these in the next few days. As a Shack employee I obviously have access to play with both handsets but im still seriously torn, they both have allot going for them...

The Vibrant is better on paper and that screen is awesome, but in real life the slide is faster and I love that keyboard. I really like touchwiz, and cant stand the icons on the Slide, but the rest of sense is fine. I feel like the Slide might be outdated sooner, any thoughts on that?

Also any thoughts on the build quality issues of the Slide vs the general buggyness of the Vibrant?

Ill post this in the Slide forum to get the other side of the coin as well, thanks!

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any opinions on these two? Im switching from Sprint to a Tmo employee line so im gonna be picking up one of these in the next few days. As a Shack employee I obviously have access to play with both handsets but im still seriously torn, they both have allot going for them...

The Vibrant is better on paper and that screen is awesome, but in real life the slide is faster and I love that keyboard. I really like touchwiz, and cant stand the icons on the Slide, but the rest of sense is fine. I feel like the Slide might be outdated sooner, any thoughts on that?

Also any thoughts on the build quality issues of the Slide vs the general buggyness of the Vibrant?

Ill post this in the Slide forum to get the other side of the coin as well, thanks!

I played with the slide a little and got the Vibrant, I did not see anything like the conclusions you have made. Some people have experienced issues with some lag, myself when it comes to the GPS this maybe due to a coding issue and Samsung is well on it's way to producing a fix per their statements. Processor and GPU in the Vibrant are nice and when Froyo is released JIT is going to cause even a greater gap in performance between the two.

But this comes down to what you want and personal taste.

tdiplacito#IM

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I bought the slide and used it until the vibrant came out. The slide is great phone with a great keyboard. But it's HEAVY. I've had every android phone that Tmo has offered except for the cliq. The slide was by far the best until I picked up a Vibrant. Daughter now loves the slide and I love the Vibrant. It's LIGHT as a feather. Some say cheap because of this, but I run with the device while listening to podcast or music and appreciate the fact that it is light. I'm also getting much better battery life on the Vibrant. I barely made it through the day on the slide. Do you want a physical keyboard? My daughter did, but I can SWYPE faster then she can type.

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i too originally had the mytouch 3g slide but then exchanged it once i saw the vibrant. i like the vibrant way more, i am coming from an iphone so the vibrant feels a lot more comfortable rather than having the slide out keyboard.

davedsone

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had on sprint a Mogul, INstinct,Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Moment, Pre, and on Tmo a G1, Mytouch, Cliq, and now Vibrant. NONE have impressed me like the Vibrant. ITS STUNNING. After running it ALL THE WAY DOWN and fully recharging it, the Vibrant battery is best of all. In fact, everything about this phone is superior, except the widgets. Sammy has taken out some normal Android widgets, and their supplied ones aren't that great. The internal storage is a huge amount, the screen is gorilla glass not regular, the the samoled is so readable outside its amazing, and with a screen this large, typing in landscape is easier than using the slide out keyboard. The toggles added to the pulldown menu are pure genious. The contacts and dialer apps are the best I have seen anywhere, including the Pre. The sliding charge/data port cover is a small but GREAT touch, and it is so fast im constantly stunned. The local radio shack only had a demo running, if you open the actual phone and can play with it i think you won't be undecided for long. Its amazing.

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Vibrant.... I don't think the slide will get Froyo, and when gingerbread rolls out Vibrant might definitely get it(of course with a wait time). The Vibrant will have a huge speed increase on Froyo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1