samsung is fixing the lag issue

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
i posted and comment on there facebook page about the lag on the vibrant and they said this

Samsung Galaxy S wrote:
"Hi, Ed. We hear your comments, and please know that we are diligentliy working on this issue. Thank you for your patience."

So thats someting anyway. I did the very easy lag fix on mine and it defently makes a big diffenece my quadrant score before was somewhere around 900 and now it between 1700 and 2102 big diffence.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well looking at the euro model they have already implemented changes to fix the lagg with that I have no doubt that when Froyo launches they will push the changes into that

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Camrs, how does the improvement in speed help the keyboard, if at all? I notice there's lag when typing, and sometimes missed letters. Does the fix help these issues, or just on screen smoothness?

camrs73

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i use the stock android keyboard and there's a noticeable improvement. seems like the limiting factor is how fast i can move my thumbs. not only is the screen transitions smoother, they're faster, also apps load much faster, the market loads almost immediately, and the phone boots up faster too.

and yes you need to root

anon(50025)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well looking at the euro model they have already implemented changes to fix the lagg with that I have no doubt that when Froyo launches they will push the changes into that

Just another example of how Samsung supports Europe, but fails mightily in Asia and the U.S.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
^^ How is that exactly how long has the phone been out in Europe let alone the fact that the update has to pass through the carrier before you are it. And for all we know the carrier may not want to use the bandwidth and push it out with Froyo on the way. With a rom for the captivate leaking that reportedly improves the responsiveness off the phone I can bet Samsung is working on it for the us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34