Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    soapy123's Avatar

    7 Posts
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Question The word NULL next to 15 unread (emails)

    I am using a samsung vibrant. Don't use gmail. Just started using K-9 Mail.

    2 emails kept showing up in my notification bar (even tho there were no emails in any folders that I could see).

    I uninstalled then re-installed K-9 mail. Now I am seeing 15 unread (null) emails on the notification bar.

    Any idea what is causing this? I made some changes to the generic email because I don't want to use it, but I am wondering if my changes have caused other problems.
  2. #2  
    drwiremore's Avatar

    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default K9 with (null)

    I am having the same problem; after months of terrific no-problems, when moving to a new phone get this strange (null.)

    Using an HTC incredible, I am notified on the top left hand corner with mail icons that there is mail. I have 2 accounts setup (for this test.)

    When I drag down the notificatons I get this:
    1) 2 unread (account 1) (shows me the top line of the first unread note)
    2) 1 unread (null) ???????? (shows me the top line of the first unread note.)

    Now, if I click on the first 1: account 1: I see two valid unread messages
    If I click on the 2nd (the null) it points me to the same account as above,

    I make note that the first unread note is shared above. Because they were shown in the notification area as different notes... the null message 1st line doesn't appear anywhere.

    I have two accounts setup a POP and an AOL. Combined they have 2 unread messages. However, the null referenced note is an old pop account message, long since deleted.

    What I have tried:
    - settings > applicatons > cleared all cache > cleared data > forced closed and uninstalled. Then re-installed (no reboot)

    Now, I will repeat this process but do a shut down (battery removal) and try it again. Have never had these nulls. The only thing different on my device is that I have another mail agent (droid standard) and it is connected to an exchange account. Otherwise, k9 connects to 2 (for this test) and normally to 5 accounts without incident. Hopefully an explanation that helps me get input to my process. dw

Posting Permissions