lock screen

OHHitsKB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get a different lock screen than the touchwiz one? The whole slide the entire screen thing just isn't my flavor. I prefer something like the newer stock android one where you slide the little lock icon across the screen.

parmijo11

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get a different lock screen than the touchwiz one? The whole slide the entire screen thing just isn't my flavor. I prefer something like the newer stock android one where you slide the little lock icon across the screen.

Course you can always download "No Lock" and disable the lock screen altogether. I don't know about you but I don't pick up my phone and hit the power key unless i'm ready to use it for something. Lock screen just adds a un-needed step getting into your phone.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol, the reason for s lock screen is to prevent other surfaces from inputting things onto your phone, the unlock is a specific gesture to make sure that it is your hands unlocking it and not your pocket or palm. This helps people prevent the butt dialing etc. However I find the sweep to unlock is rather an unfortunate unlock screen because you can sweep to any direction, your pocket would most likely input that. I do get what you all mean, just push the lock button to unlock the screen, but the lockscreen (on most devices) also serves as a widget screen, in this case the Vibrant had the jigsaw puzzle to view your texts and call log, and the swiping of the mp3 app to easily change songs. Lock screens have uses, and if you change your native lockscreen it could end up either lagging or not allowing native apps to use the lockscreen Widgets. Regardless, Lockbot does what you need amazingly, it has Sense lock screens, Droid, Froyo, Eclaire, iPhone, and I believe even WebOS lock screens. Problem is it reads these lock themes via your internal flash memory, so the lock screen that you selected won't show while in mass media mode.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois