1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default update galaxy s vibrant to 2.2

When will Samsung and tmobile start updates to android 2.2. I am looking forward for this update but I want to be young enough to apprecite it. Any rumors!!

Word around the forums is late September, but there is no real confirmation from either Samsung or Tmobile yet, other than a promise it'll come sometime later this year.

I'm surprised there haven't been leaked roms or anything. I'm not sure if Samsung said us galaxy s phones would get froyo in September or not. I thought it was just the Europe ones.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: update galaxy s vibrant to 2.2

This device will get Froyo, because if rumors are right, the GPS fix will be bundled with 2.2...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Check the date of post 29 June 2010. Come on samsung and tmobile lets spend some that money your making, take care of your customers..

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

T-Mobile is slow about everything. I have money that the Fascinate will get Froyo before we do.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I agree

The update has been built into a rom that can be flashed. Its available at the xda forums.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

any news on when the the 2.2 update will be?

I think not till after the G2 comes out.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: update galaxy s vibrant to 2.2

We will definitely see it this year, just be happy they have 2.1 GPS/ lag fix coming, I am content with that

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Default Tmobile say end of month

there is a post on Tmobile forum, saying the update will be pushed at the end of the month. 7 days and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by kgbros View Post
    there is a post on Tmobile forum, saying the update will be pushed at the end of the month. 7 days and counting.
    4 days and counting hope you are right.

Three days....

12 hours before the end of the month...

Quote Originally Posted by RevMen View Post
    12 hours before the end of the month...
    11 hrs now lets see what happens...Im kind of hoping to wake up in the morning with a nice Froyo update next to my bed.