Great Video,terrible sound!

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Like the title says great video terrible sound. I have on several occasions now tried to use the video on my Vibrant only to have the sound distorted. A video shot with normal conversational audio is usually fine. I am not sure yet what dB the break-up starts next time if I can remember I will bring my spl meter to measure. I tried to record video from the back of a small club/cafe of a Jazz trio just complete distortion. tried an outdoor hand drum circle over the weekend again unusable distorted audio. If there is way to adjust the input gain I would like to know? If not I doubt this is the sort thing that would gain any traction on the Samsung to do list.

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Still looking for an answer. Tried some more video recording this evening again moderate live music. A latin jazz ensemble small club average club chatter. My video again looked great however, my sister recorded using her iphone 3GS video was ok not as good as my Vibrant. But you guess it the sound on her phone was great! I am now wondering what the audio sample rate is and what codec? Anyone???

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think audio is that great on the vibrant. I think you have one mic so capturing voice isn't that great. I've never tried recording a live band so I can't say how god it is our isn't. Are you comparing the audio on your phone or on your computer?

Countbunny

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just listening to playback on the phone so far. Good idea too take a listen to the playback on my computer. However, if the input is too hot at the mic/input it will most likely be distorted. There needs to be a way to attenuate the the input gain. The other question is what is the audio codec when using the video capture?
Perhaps Samsung is also using microphone electronics that are sub-par for louder than voice volumes. Which is not an outlandish idea, just not a great idea for folks like me.

BruceDowns

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
External Mic

Hi, I'm going to shoot a short film with my Vibrant for a short film competition. Has anyone tried to use an external microphone for recording a video? If yes, what product did you use? Were you happy with the results?