Opening a google contact crashes the phone

rpardee

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Got the Vibrant 2 days ago and am having problems w/the contacts. I set to import my contacts from google, and they all show up, but if I open the entry for my wife, I see:

Sorry!
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_2010092222018_android_process_acore.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.

In desperation, I tried wiping the phone (settings -> privacy -> factory data reset) and trying again, but no difference--just attempting to view the contact crashes the phone.

Can anybody help me?

Many thanks!

-Roy

Last edited:

mikec2008

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It's the birthday!

I was having this same problem earlier this week. After some searching online, and examining the contacts that were crashing and those that weren't, I guessed it to be the "birthday" field in the contact info.
For example, I changed my girlfriend's birthday info from "February 1" to "February 1, 1973", (on my computer in gmail, then refreshed on the phone) and that solved it!

rpardee

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Woah--trippy! I wound up deleting & re-creating the contact that was causing the issue, so I won't swear that that's what was going on w/the old one. But if I go in now and make her bday "March 5th" w/out a year, it causes the force close. Like you say, adding the year fixes it right up.

Many thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1