- 4 Posts
Kies not connecting to new Galaxy Vibrant
Is anyone winning here
The Kies not connecting to new Galaxy Vibrant
OK so the connecting to device using USB is taking for ever .. like not making it. do I need to set the samsung to connect mode or something
fortunately I can see it on my explorer and can download from the folders.
Blue tooth got paired after entering in PC PIN number 1234 on both PC and Samsung
But then my windows 7 asks if this is a symbian or a windows mobile phone??
no android option
anyhow NOT getting connected
BTW this is a unlocked Bell but using the Roger sim card.
- 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM #2
at his point you can check Samsung kies or use ask on connection
Works for me takes about a minute to connect.Galaxy Class
"Google bakes it, Samsung makes it, T-Mobile castrates it and then we get to taste it."
- 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM #4
- 1 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with a T-Mobile Vibrant in the States (US)... I am able to connect the the phone to the pc and am able to see it using the browser in Windows 7, but when I try to connect with Kies it says that THE DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY KIES ...does anyone have any idea of whats going on here?
On the phone, I select the Samsung Kies option when I plug in the USB.
- 11-16-2010, 12:07 PM #5
- 09-05-2011, 08:44 AM #6
Re: Kies not connecting to new Galaxy Vibrant
1. using a PC data cable, connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC.
Samsung Kies will launch automatically. If Samsung Kies does not automatically launch, double click the Samsung Kies icon on your PC.
2. Copy files from the PC to the device. Refer to the Samsung Kies help for more information.
Connect as a mass storage device
You can connect your device to a PC as a removable disk and access the file directory. If you insert a memory card in the device, you can access the file directory of the memory card by using the device as a memory card reader.
The file directory of the memory card will appear as a removable disk, separate from the internal memory.
1 If you want to transfer files from or to a memory card, insert a memory card into the device.
2. In Idle mode, open the application list and select
Settings→ Wireless and network → USB utilities → Connect storage to PC.
3. Select OK to confirm (if necessary).
4. using a PC data cable connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC.
5. When connected, select Connect USB storage.
6 Select OK to confirm (if necessary).
7. Open the folder to view files.
8. Copy files from the PC to the memory card.
9. When you are finished, select Disconnect storage from PC.